Chapter 4: Fresh Starts

It had been a few days since Bell talked with Hermes. In that time, Bell had still not yet found a familia to join. The ones that were recruiting were interested in him, but he was able to tell that their intentions were not good. All of them were just in it for the fame, and Bell didn't want to trouble himself with that. Today was a different one for the boy, as a certain goddess was coming to Orario for the first time. He was walking in the streets and he could hear everyone talk about her.

Civilian A: You heard right? Goddess Artemis is coming to Orario!

Civilian B: Yeah, I know. I heard her beauty rivals even Freya and Ishtar, and that she is fiercer than most monsters.

Civilian C: I heard that she was coming here to rebuild her familia after she lost them in a mission. I think she still has a grudge with the guild for requesting that mission to her.

Civilian B: Well, another pretty goddess is fine with me.

Bell heard this, but paid it little mind as he had more important things to do. Mia had asked him to buy groceries for the week and gave some money for him to buy them. At another place, a blue haired goddess was making her way into Orario for the first time.

Guard: What is you business in Orario.

He was too busy looking at the paper in front of him to see the goddess who was next in line.

Artemis: That's some tone to be taking in the presence of a goddess.

The guard looked up and jolted when he saw the goddess in front of him. Many have heard the stories of her and her attitude when it comes to men.

Guard: L-L-Lady Artemis! I-I am so sorry, please right this way.

He quickly let the goddess in as he knew what that woman was capable of with a bow. After her security check, she walked through the streets and towards the guild to rebuild her familia. She was about to turn a corner when-

*Bam*

*Thud*

Artemis: Owww...

She looked up and saw paper bags filled with food.

Bell: I'm sorry, it's hard to see with all these.

He put a bag down and gave the woman his hand.

Artemis: That's alri-

Her eyes were still closed when she grabbed his hand, but was in shock when she saw who knocked her down. The white hair was odd, but her mind had processed enough that a man had down this. She was about to give him a piece of her mind, but decided against that as she saw the bags and knew there wasn't much he could do.

Artemis: Ehem, well, thank you for the help. If you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way.

Bell: Right, sorry again.

The two went their separate ways, but felt a connection in their short interaction.

Artemis and Bell: (Who was that? I should have at least asked for their name.) *Looking at their hand*

Back with Artemis, she had finally found the guild. When she entered, everyone stopped and looked at her before turning back, not wanting to annoy the goddess. She approached a brown haired half elf.

Eina: Hello, my name is Eina Tulle, how may I help you miss?

Artemis: I am the goddess Artemis. I'm here to restart my familia in Orario.

Eina: Sure thing, if you could fill out these papers for me.

She handed the goddess papers to fill out for the registration. After a few minutes, she finished and handed them back.