Chapter 1: New Beginnings

After days of travel, Bell had finally made it to Orario. He had to admit, the city was more magnificent up close than in stories. He stared at in in awe before it was finally his turn. Bell was broken from his trance when the guard asked him questions.

Guard: Young man, you're next.

Bell: H-Huh? Ah, yes.

Guard: I'll need you're name and the reason for coming here.

Bell: My name is Bell Cranel, I'm here to be an adventurer.

Guard: Now I'm going to check for any traces of a falna on your back.

He checked and saw no sign of one as Bell never received a falna from Zeus.

Guard: Alright, you're all set boy. Enjoy your stay in Orario.

Bell: Thank you very much. (He seemed like a nice person.)

Bell smiled as the first step was done. Now her just had to find a familia to accept him and register at the guild. While lost in thought, Bell wasn't watching where he was going and bumped someone.

*thud*

???:Ah!

Bell: Gah! Oh, are you okay?.

He looked at the person he hit and saw she was a woman with light blue hair and blue eyes. What he found odd about her was her metal arm.

AN: Imagine it is like Naaza and her right arm is a prosthetic

Ardi: Yes, I'm fine. I'm Ardi, Ardi Varma and I apologize for bumping into you.

Bell: My name is Bell Cranel and I'm the one who walked into you. I should be the one apologizing.

She giggled at their exchange before they started walking together. Bell took this chance to ask about the city.

Ardi: By the sounds of it, I take it that your not from here?

Bell: No, I just arrived today actually.

Ardi: Cool, so what brings you here? You gonna be an adventurer?

Bell: That's right, took over a week to get here from my village.

Ardi: Doesn't sound like much fun, but at least you're here now. So, have you joined a familia yet?

Bell shook his head as the girl thought on this.

Ardi: (There aren't many option he has. I'm willing to bet most gods would turn him down on his looks alone. This isn't going to be easy...) Yeah, I'm stumped.

Bell: That bad for me huh?

Ardi: I wish Lady Astraea was still using her familia for exploration, but they stopped going to the dungeon a few years ago.