s e v e n t e e n

"Sorry you're staying where?" Kie asked.

"Tannyhill."

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron and you just now told your sister."

"Okay look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out. Right? And it's way better than foster care which by the way is where me and Wren were about to go if ward didn't-"

"Hey, so like, do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope asked.

"I don't know Pope."

"What about one of those little golf carts they get to drive around, you get one of them?" JJ asked.

"Does it come with a sweater vest or do you have to go buy one of those on your own."

"I still just cannot believe you agreed to this without even telling me. Which by the way, I'm not staying there. I'll go somewhere else." I said.

"Stay with me little Birdie." JJ grinned.

"Maybe I will." I eyed John B.

"Look you promised. You said you weren't with her." Kie said, sounding disappointed.

"Bro just own it. She got you." JJ mumbled.

"Look, if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine. But I'm letting you know right now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah" she explained.

"Do you guys see her here? No? Right, okay. A little focus would be fantastic. We've got the map, right?"

"It's all out of wack cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it." JJ said.

"It's cause the coast has changed." Kie corrected.

"So we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed." Pope said.

"What about the old forts?" John B asked.

"Battery jasper." I said.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"We're in battery right here. So if this parcel nine, then it's somewhere northeast of here." Pope explained as I sat on rock next to JJ.

"Somewhere over there." Kie pointed.

"Over there? Guy's, that's not Tannyhill, that's a subdivision." JJ said.

"Tannyhill Plantation used to be the entire island. It got sold into smaller pieces over time." John B informed.

JJ sat down next to me away from where everyone was looking. "I forgot to tell you how beautiful you looked in that dress yesterday." He said quietly since John B was near.

"Why thank you, you looked pretty handsome yourself." I smirked.

"Why can't we just leave and go get slushees or something?" I called.

"What is it with you and always wanting to get slushees?" John B asked

"What? They're bomb- it's literally just sugary ice slush." I said.

"I could totally go for a slushee right now." JJ replied.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Okay so the road should split up here. All right, you're gonna take a left." Pope said.

"That looks like a stone wall to me." JJ said getting out of the van.

"This is it."

"Not the Crain house."

"Are you kidding me?" Kie asked.