f o r t y - t w o

"Oh shit! They found the truck." Kie panicked as we pulled up to the truck, which was surrounded by cops.

"Chill, chill, chill, chill."

"Of course." JJ grabbed his hat, putting it on.

"All right, just relax. Just relax." John B made an attempt to calm everyone down.

"Well, lookee here." Shoupe walked up to the window.

"Good evening, Officer." John B mumbled.

"Sheriff." He corrected.

"Sheriff. Yeah, that's right. Speed kills, huh?" He asked.

"I pulled the tags and I know whose truck that is." He shined his light in the backseat. "Hey, Kie, you drop your weed pen back there?"

"Found it." She nodded awkwardly.

"Sheriff, I just wanna say that this is all my fault. She had nothing to do with this. I take 100% responsibility." Pope said.

"Nothing to do with it? Uh-huh. You wanna try that again? Your parents reported the truck missing four hours ago and the spare keys were missing from The Wreck. I'm taking you home. Or I can pull you all in for leaving the scene of an accident."

"Okay." She held her hands up in defense.

Plumb opened the door of the Twinkie, getting Kie out. "I gotta deal. Hit me up later and make sure I'm still alive." She gave a disappointed smile.

~*~*~*~*~*~

We got out of the Twinkie, walking up to the stone fence that wrapped around TannyHill.

"He's got the truck." Pope whispered.

"Stay low, stay low, stay low." John B said, couching down.

"How much do you wanna bet that Rafe has the cross inside that truck right now?" Pope asked.

"There's only one way to find out." Sarah said, starting to walk off, John B following.

"You seriously wanna talk about us, right now?" She asked.

They continuing talking about, well, whatever they were talking about before she leaned up to kiss John B.

"Be safe." He whispered as she walked away.

"Hey! Do you want me to perform your vows while you're at it?" Pope asked.

"I could seriously throw up." I teased.

"What is she doing?"

She held up her arms in a confused motion. She pointed inside the house before walking in.

"No, no. Don't go inside!" Pope whispered yelled. "Do the birdcall!"

"Cah-caw!"

"What? That's not what a bird sounds like!"

"What was that a dying chicken?" JJ asked.

"Im going over." John B started to hop the fence before a golf cart pulled up behind us.

"Uh, excuse me?" He honked. "Can I help you?" He cocked his rifle.

"I got double-aught bucks in this thing, so I can't miss. All right everybody off the wall." He ordered.

"Sir it's not what it seems." JJ held his hands up.

"You guys are on the wrong side of the island. I think I'm gonna call the police."

"You don't have to do that, sir." JJ squinted Form the flashlight in his eyes.

"I'll decide for myself what I need to do."