t w e n t y - e i g h t

"To John B."
"And to Sarah."

Here's a fun fact. You ready? Here we go. Everyone you know, will die. And by everyone, I mean everyone. Your mother, brother, sister, father, all your friends, and all your enemies. I mean, of course there's another way of looking at it. Since it's all so short and over so quickly.. it makes everything meaningful. Everything's just one time.

"JJ, what are you doing?" I sat up from his bed and tossed my phone to the side as he gave himself a stick and poke on his leg.

"Stick and poke? You want one?" He smiled.

"Hell yeah I do."

Accepting the fact that John B was presumably dead was harder for me I thought it would be. You see, my dad was never really around much anyways, so it made it easier to accept he was gone. But John B was always there, no matter what it was or what I did, he was there. I never got to tell him JJ and I were together, seeming I thought he would still be alive right now. I tried to ignore my feelings, but it was definitely way more difficult than I thought. As of now I'm back and forth between where and who, I stay with. Ward is no longer my legal Guardian, but Heyward and Pope's mom decided it would be better if they were my guardians instead of foster care. Since I had already lost all the real family I had left, I was glad I still had the Pogues, I guess you could say they are my real family.

"You did what?" I laughed as JJ told me what happened at the restaurant.

"I ran over their flowerbed with my bike."

"What I would give to see that in person." I said, laying back onto my bed in the chateau.

"Well- I mean, I can do it again." He smirked.

"No, no, I think I'm imagining it clear enough." I laughed.

"School is gonna be ass, I can feel it." JJ signed as he sat back on the edge of my bed.

"I have a feeling you're definitely right about that."

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey chill out." Kie said as JJ took a swig of his flask before shutting the car door.

"If I black out, just don't remind me."

"That's not funny." she replied.

"Definitely true though." I sighed.

"that's them. There they are."
"I wasn't sure they'd show up."
"I heard they got arrested."
"Wouldn't surprise me"
"Think they had something to do with it?"
"They had to"

We walked up to a memorial made for John B with pictures of him throughout high school.

"I feel like people are staring at us." Kie spoke up.

"No shit Kie it's the first day of school and they're already talking about us." I scoffed. "I feel like I could barf at any given second." I said, looking around to see everyones' eyes on me.

"I gotta get to class" Pope started to walk away

"Hey, Pope. We have to stick together." She held her hand out for him to grab.

"Stick together, yeah" JJ slung his arm around my shoulder as we walked into the building.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Please skip class with me Birdie, please." JJ begged as we walked down the hallway towards my newly assigned locker.

"It's the first day, why would I do that?" I asked, putting my books into the locker.

"Because I'm your boyfriend who you adore and would rather be sitting on the beach with instead of science class?"

"Fine, only because I love the beach." I agreed.