Chapter 26

I turned around and faced Alex, instantly regretting it once I felt my face flush.

"Hey, long time no see." Beth greeted Alex.

Alex gave her a small wave of acknowledgement.

After a moment of awkward silence, Beth nudged my side with her elbow subtly.

I turned to look at her, sending her a 'what?' look.

She motioned between us and Alex silently with her eyes.

"Oh, uh, right. Thanks for the offer.. but I think we can just call an uber.. or not.." I trailed off unsurely once I saw the look that Beth was sending me.

Beth plastered a smile on before turning to face Alex. "Thanks for the offer, West. I honestly don't feel very safe calling for an uber this late at night. My place isn't that far from here. I hope you don't mind dropping me off first, my mom's been putting a pretty tight curfew on me lately."

I pinched her side subtly once I realized what she's doing.

Did this girl really not listen to a word I had said in the washroom earlier? I'm pretty sure I mentioned the fact that I did not have the face to even look at Alex at the moment.

Alex pointed to the corner around the house. "Cool, my car's just around the corner. Did you leave anything inside?"

Beth shook her head and patted her purse. "Nope, everything's right here. Em?"

I raised my head and looked at her, "Huh? Oh, uh, yeah, I've got all of my things with me."

"Cool, let's go then." Beth said before practically skipping her way merrily to Alex's car. 

I started walking after her and Alex fell into step beside me.

"You alright?" He asked quietly.

Slightly startled at the sudden question, I looked up at him without thinking. Meeting his eyes, I instinctively blushed once more and averted my gaze. I cleared my throat and nodded slowly. "Uh, yeah."

I contemplated on clarifying what Kimmy had said but decided against it. Might as well avoid digging a deeper hole for myself.

We arrived at the car with Beth already claiming the back seat, standing beside the car door with her hand on the handle, ready to open it and jump inside.

'Always the cunning brat.' I mused to myself as I watched the car lights blink, the sound of the doors unlocking, and Beth sliding into the car.

I went around the car and popped myself into the front seat as Alex got behind the wheel.

Alex started the engine and looked at me expectantly.

I met his gaze and tilted my head in confusion. Did he want to ask me something?

"Seatbelt." He said curtly.

My face heated up once again as I scrambled to fasten my seat belt.

I fumbled with my seat belt for a second before a hand reached out and grabbed the belt from me, pulling it across my body and fastening it into the buckle.

I lowered my hands slowly and looked to Alex, mumbling a small thank you as I heard an incoherent noise come from the backseat of the car.

"Beth," Alex called out, immediately silencing her.

"Yes?" She answered after coughing lightly. I could hear the smile in her voice, that bitch.

"Address?" Alex asked as he pulled the car out of its parking space.