Chapter 11

"Did you catch any other?" The cop holding my elbow asked his colleague.

His colleague shook her head, "Other units are chasing some of them down the street, they'll catch up. Let's just head down to the station first to deliver these kids."

The cop nudged me to keep walking to the car by my elbow, my hands in the cuffs that he'd put on me earlier.

Yes, this bitch has got to be the unluckiest person on this planet.

That, and the fact that I just can't run even if my life depended on it. Outrunning the cops was like running in one of my nightmares. It was as if they were The Flash and I was running underwater.

My escape was doomed from the very first start, I was just overoptimistic.

The policeman used his hand to cover my head so that I don't hit it against the top of the car as I got in the back of the squad car, two other teenagers already sitting there.

The guy sitting in the middle raised one of his hand and gave me a small wave, his other hand that was cuffed to the raised hand lifting too. The girl that was sitting by the other side of the car's window was dozing off, her head leaning on the window.

How was she able to sleep in this situation? In a police squad car? ON HER WAY TO THE BLOODY POLICE STATION.

I was sitting there in the back of the car, sweating from my mini marathon run away from the police before the cop caught me and dragged me to the car. It's been a few minutes since I've stopped running but my heart was still racing and the sweat that covered me has now turned into cold sweat that was caused by my anxiety levels skyrocketing.

As the policeman and his partner got in the car and drove away, my heart started beating faster. I didn't know it could do that since it had already felt like it was going to jump out of my chest, but it did.

The car accelerated as it drove away from the then-empty house of the crashed party. I bit my lip and my leg wouldn't stop shaking. I didn't even know it had started shaking. My fingers on my right hand picked at the skin of my fingers on my left hand, causing the chains on the cuff to clink together, reminding me of their presence.

All my nervous habits were happening all at once and it was getting out of control. I feel like I might have a cardiac arrest any second now.

Maybe if I had one then I would've ended up in the hospital instead and they'll maybe pity me enough to just let me go.

But alas, my heart didn't stop beating when I needed it to the most and we reached the station whilst I was buried in my own thoughts.

I didn't realize the car had stopped moving until the policewoman opened my door and helped me get out, keeping a hand on my elbow in case I tried running away. I guess they think I was a high flight risk. They thought right.

With the hand on my arm the entire time, I had no choice but to comply and follow the cops into the station.

They sat me down on a chair and asked me for my details while scanning my fingerprint and running it in their database.

I tried explaining myself to the policeman that caught me on the scene but he had simply said, "Save it for when you're in the station." So I guess this was the moment he was referring to.