Chapter 10

"I don't want to go," I moaned in protest as my best friend grabbed my wrists and pulled me off the bed.

Since we weren't that different in size, she managed to actually move me off the bed.

I planted my feet on the ground before I face-plant the floor as she gives me one last hard tug.

"You are going. You need to stop moping over whatever shit you decided to mope over this week and get out of the house. I mean, seriously, it's not like this is a religious ritual that you need to do every week." She wrinkled her nose at the state I was in.

I pouted, furrowing my eyebrows at her, "How do you know it's not?"

Kimmy gives me a pointed look that says, "I know it's not, you dipshit."

I huffed in annoyance as I lifted a dirty shirt from the floor with my foot and kicked it into the laundry basket at the corner of the room.

"Go shower, I'll pick out some clothes and do your hair and make up. You are going, period." She ordered, clapping her hands. "Now, chop chop."

I tilted my head to look at the ceiling as I let out an exaggerated heavy sigh to express my disapproval. I begrudgingly trudged to my bathroom to shower before she strips me and assault me because I know for a fact that she will. The bitch did not understand what personal space was. The word simply did not exist in her dictionary.

When I got out of the shower, Kimmy was already waiting by the bed, ready with an outfit picked out for me to change into. She threw me the garments and I caught it with my hand that wasn't holding the towel wrapped around my body.

"This better not be too revealing or too tight or I swear to all that is almighty -"

"Just get changed!" Kimmy cut me off, waving her hand in circles for me to get moving and go back into the bathroom.

I rolled my eyes, walking my butt back into the bathroom and changing into the clothes she had picked out for me.

To her credit, the clothes weren't too tight or revealing. They were long black jeans and a cute top that had spaghetti straps but didn't have a plunging neckline that would show off any cleavage.

I shrugged to myself at my appearance and exited the bathroom to gain an approving nod from Kimmy a.k.a my stylist.

She beamed at me, giving me two thumbs up before grabbing me by the shoulder, spinning me around and pushing me to the vanity desk to get my make up and hair done.

I closed my eyes as she worked her magic on me.

2 hours later, yes, it somehow took her two hours to get me ready. Don't ask me what took her that long. All she would tell me was "beauty takes time".

Since Kimmy didn't feel like being the designated driver tonight, because we both know that the chances that I come out of the party sober was close to none, she left her car at home and had one of her friends pick us up at my place.

There were already three other people in the car when they pulled up at my driveway. Apparently, my house was the last stop. Kimmy and I got into the backseat with another girl and Kimmy's friend that was driving reversed the car out of my driveway. She headed for the main road, driving us to the party.

I wasn't familiar with any of the girls in the car except for the one driving. I know that Kimmy knew her because she was her mom's friend's daughter. They got introduced a while back and the party we were going to was being thrown by someone from their school.

Introduction were made and friendly smiles were passed around once we got in the car before the real conversation started. And by "conversation" I meant "fangirl-session".