Chapter 38

Six months later

"I can't believe we graduated." Beth sighed, flopping on my bed with our framed graduation picture in her hand.

I turned to look at her stare at the picture from my spot on the floor.

"Are you just going to stare at that picture and not help?" I asked her, waving the piece of clothing in my hand.

"You're moving to another country and you're expecting me to help you pack? I should be planning 100 ways on how to sabotage your trip." She scoffed, rolling her eyes.

I laughed at her, resuming my packing.

"Seriously, though, do you really have to move so far away?" Beth asked me, propping herself up on her elbows to look at me.

I turned to give her a mock glare, "Says the asshole who's moving twice as far as I am."

"Yeah, but I'm not leaving as soon as you are," Beth groaned, plopping against the bed once more and staring at my bedroom ceiling.

The ends of my lips lifted a bit seeing how upset she was over how we're gonna be separated.

"Hey, I'm just worried about what a mess you're gonna be without me to keep a leash on you." I joked.

Beth muttered a "fuck off" that made me laugh.

"What time is your flight tomorrow?"

"It's at 9."

"In the morning?" Beth asked dreadfully.

I nodded.

"Seriously? So you're telling me I gotta wake up early tomorrow to send you off? Couldn't you just buy a later flight?" Beth groaned, rolling around the bed.

"Stop whining, bitch, you're not the one who's gonna be sitting in the plane for hours." I threw a cushion at her.

Beth grumbled lowly under her breath and cursed but got off the bed and started helping me pack.

I smiled as I watch her take a box to pack all of my books and framed pictures sitting on the table.

I know I'm gonna miss her grumpy ass.

The next day, despite her never ending complaints, Beth still came out and saw me off at the airport.

I made my turns in saying goodbye to all the friends that came to see me off, saving the best for last.

Beth is not a cuddly friend. She does not cuddle friends. She might turn into a cuddling freak with a lover but not when it comes to friends. I more or less need to force my affection onto her most of the time. So you can imagine my shock when she didn't push me away when I had her in a deadlock hug.

I was so shocked that I could only freeze and feel her awkwardly patting my back.

After a while, I pulled away only to try and hug her a second time.

This time, she deflected me with an outstretched hand to keep me at a distance.

I let out a loud laugh and settled with a weak punch on her arm. "I'm gonna miss you, dude."

Beth nodded, "Yeah, it's gonna be a pretty long time before we get to see each other again."

"How long is it again? A year and a half?" I asked.

"Yeah, about that long."

I sighed, "Oh well. Call me often and stay safe, wherever you are," I said, looking at her pointedly.