Chapter 28

Writing a chapter is taking much longer than I remembered it to be..

Anyways, on with the story!

~.~.~

I didn't know what I was expecting after the heart-to-heart we had that night.

But I went to bed with a huge grin on my face that night, feeling like my life was once more complete.

...

So I honestly do not have the slightest clue on how I ended up here tonight; stumbling through the crowd of people, my head thumping with the sound of the music blasting through the speakers. My vision kept blinking although my eyes were wide open as the lights surrounding us went off with the beat of the music.

The night was a flurry of random faces as I mashed my lips with random guys, grabbing the closest ones to me and just kissing them like I was going to die tomorrow and I had nothing left to live for.

I made my way to a group of guys and grabbed one randomly by the collar and pulled him in close, smashing my lips against his as I anticipated the spark.

Nothing.

Nothing came.

I didn't feel anything.

My heart dropped in disappointment as I failed to get a feel yet again.

What was wrong with my lips tonight. Were they just not working?

I wanted to feel that spark again.

The spark I felt when my lips and Alex's had touched.

I let him go, pushing him away from me as I started walking over to my next target.

I was drunk, but I wasn't an unethical drunk. I could at least brag about that part of the night. I kissed random guys but never those in the same circle.

With much difficulty through my alcohol-induced haze, I made my way to the closest circle of guys before repeating my routine for the night. I grabbed a random one by the collar and I stamped my lips on his before letting go and pouting in disappointment when I couldn't feel the familiar spark.

After I've got around to the 11th guy, someone finally grabbed me by the waist and pulled me back before I could kiss the 12th guy of the night.

I spun around, almost tripping on my own foot, as my heartbeat picked up, expecting to see a familiar face that came to save me from making a fool out of myself.

"I think you've had too much to drink, missy." The stranger holding me said with a concerned look.

I frowned at him. "Who are you?"

He quirked his eyebrow at my tone that might or might not have been a bit hostile.

"Were you expecting someone else to grab you instead? A boyfriend, perhaps?" He asked.

It took me a moment to respond to him as I stared into his eyes. We stood there just staring at each other, his arm still wounded around my waist and my hands still unconsciously resting on his chest.

His eyes were a dark colour. They looked dull in comparison to Alex's cold grey eyes.

I shook my head at the thought of Alex. What was I thinking about?

Tonight was all about proving to myself that Alex was a nobody. He didn't mean anything to me.

I finally broke the silence by snorting at the stranger.

"Boyfriend? What boyfriend?" I pfft-ed my way out as I shook him off of me and walked away.

Or at least attempted to walk away.