10.

Bucky couldn't even begin to wrap his head around what had just happened. He just stared at the woman in front of him and...he could barely form a sentence. Glacier, or whoever she was just took a deep breath and almost triumphed in the fact that she was free.

"Where's Katie?" Bucky asked.

Glacier's eyes finally met Bucky's and she gave a devilish grin.
"The thoughts she has about you..." Glacier started.

She closed her eyes and bit her bottom lip at all the thoughts running through her head. A small blush tinged at Bucky's cheeks but his eyes...they just glared at the woman.

"Where is she?!" Bucky asked. "I won't ask again."
Glacier looked at Bucky and gave a smile.
"She's safe." Glacier said. "I keep her safe."
"Who are you?" Bucky asked.
Glacier gave a laugh and started walking closer to Bucky.
"Has she...told you anything about her past?" Glacier asked. "Have you even asked?"

Bucky just took a deep breath. Glacier placed her hand on his chest and his breath hitched...not from how cold her touch was but...it wasn't Katie.

"Her father did some awful things to her as a child." Glacier said. "He was a scientist and she...she was his favorite lab rat."
Glacier made a face, winced in pain and disgust at the thought...and took a step back.

"Ask her about it sometime." Glacier said. "I'm sure that conversation would go over well..."

Bucky continued to glare, but he knew that all he wanted was to make sure Katie was alright.

"Is she..." Bucky asked.
"Oh, she's fine." Glacier said. "I've been protecting her all her life. Now...back to the problem at hand...where is HE?!"

The wind started picking up and Bucky could feel the temperature rapidly drop.

"Where's who?" Bucky asked.
"John." Glacier said. "I will never let him near her again!"
"John?" Bucky asked.

Glacier tried to storm past Bucky, but he couldn't help himself. His metal hand grabbed hold of her arm and frost instantly appeared.

"Who's John?" Bucky asked.

He kept replaying the last few words in his head and he instantly became enraged.

"What the fuck did he do to her?" Bucky asked.
Glacier gave a smirk and ripped her arm from his grasp, but not without a glimpse of approval and hope.
"I like you." Glacier said. "You want to protect her and...dare I say..."
Bucky just glared at her. Glacier gave a laugh and finally relaxed as she stood square in front of him. She crossed her arms over her chest.

"John Walker..." Glacier started. "When Katie turned 18, he started working for her father. He became his right hand man. By that time, I had been a part of her life for 12 years. She was naive. She thought he could save her."
"How did you become a part of her?" Bucky asked.
"Different story, so let me continue..." Glacier interrupted. "One night, after a very hard day...Katie was weak and exhausted in her..."
Glacier clenched her eyes shut and tried to find the perfect work for that situation.
"Room..." Glacier hissed. "John sauntered in and..."

Bucky's fists clenched at his side. He could figure out the rest.
"She was too weak." Glacier said. "He became obsessed with her since that moment. Vindictive, manipulative...sadistic. I was always there to protect her. Then after? She's suppressed me. She tried to pretend like I wasn't a part of her. So...I make myself known. I let her know that I'm still around. I was always her protector...and I always will be."

Bucky just continued to wish it was Katie telling him this story. He wanted to kill this John Walker for ever touching HIS girl.

"But..." Glacier walked closer to Bucky and looked in his eyes with a smile on her face.
"You." Glacier said. "You care for her. You want to protect her."
Bucky took a deep breath and gave a short nod. Glacier nodded and took a step back.
"Don't let her go to that apartment." Glacier said.
"What?" Bucky asked.
"Sarah's apartment." Glacier said. "Don't let her go. When I give up my hold...take her back to the compound. Make sure she's safe. Just don't let her go there. No matter what. If John's around...then so is he."
"Who is Katie's father?" Bucky asked.

Before he knew what was happening, another cold blast of wind and ice hit and Katie was weakly standing in front of him. She wobbled on her feet and put her hand to her head as her knees felt like putty.
"Buck?" Katie asked.
Bucky rushed forward and caught her in his arms as she started falling to the ground.
"I've got ya, doll." Bucky whispered.
She looked into his ocean eyes and gave a weak smile. Bucky gave a quick laugh and picked her up in his arms and started walking back towards the car. Katie leaned her head against his chest and gave a low hum of happiness.
"Let's get you home." Bucky said.
Katie gave a short nod, but then remembered what was happening.
"Wait...Bucky..." Katie said.
She jumped out of his arms and gave a stumble backwards. Bucky grabbed hold of her arm to help steady her and she gave him a look.
"We have to get to Sarah." Katie said.
"Doll..." Bucky started.
He was looking at her differently. There was a sadness to it. A look of worry, and one of...

Realization finally hit.

Katie's eyes widened as she took a defensive step back.
"She came out, didn't she?" Katie asked.
Bucky stood his ground and stared into her beautiful aqua eyes. He knew he couldn't lie to her.
"She told me not to bring you to the apartment." Bucky said. "That she's only here to..."
"Protect me." Katie said. "I know...it's BULLSHIT!"

Katie took a deep breath and walked up to Bucky so she was standing almost flush to his body.
"I have to make sure Sarah's safe." Katie said. "She has no idea what's he capable of."
Bucky closed his eyes, took a deep breath and nodded his head.
"Fine." Bucky said. "But if anything happens..."
Katie gave an exaggerated huff and nodded her head. They both made their way back to the car and Bucky got in the driver's seat.

"Who said you get to drive?" Katie asked.
"You have explaining to do." Bucky said.
Katie just made a face and turned on the radio.

"Just...drive..." Katie said. "It's going to be a long night. I'll explain when we get there."