31.

Bucky glanced out the window of the Quinjet and took a deep breath. All his memories replaying in his head as more guilt weighed on his shoulders and in his soul.
"So, what's gonna happen to your friends?" Bucky asked.
Steve let out an exhausted sigh and placed the jet on autopilot. He turned his seat to look at Bucky and took a deep breath.
"Whatever it is, I'll deal with it." Steve said.
Bucky nodded, but never took his eyes from the view out the window.
"Buck..." Steve started.
"I'm not worth it, Steve." Bucky bluntly stated.

Bucky knew he had to find her.

He had never felt this way about anyone before. He was such a "lady-killer" when he was younger.

Bucky gave a halfhearted, sideways smirk as he sauntered up to the bar and leaned against it, giving a smug look to the pretty blonde sitting there.
"Hey, sweetheart." Bucky said, with all the confidence in the world. "Do you dance?"
The girl glanced at her friend next to her and they both gave a giggle.

He would hit on any woman he would see...but it never went anywhere. It was all an ends to a means. He always wanted to find HER.

Bucky took a sip of his water and lifted the hem of his shirt to wipe the sweat from his forehead. He couldn't get those aqua eyes out of his head.
"Buck?" He asked.
Bucky took a deep breath and saw Steve walking over, wrapping his knuckles in tape.
"Thought you weren't coming until Saturday." Bucky said.
"Got in early." Steve said. "What's up?"
Bucky gave a huff and started unwrapping his knuckles.
"What makes you think something's up?" Bucky asked.

Steve pursed his lips in a thin line, giving Bucky an annoyed look while narrowing his eyes.
"I have known you for over 70 years, Buck." Steve simply stated. "I like to think I know you."
Bucky gave a huff and made a face.
"It's nothing..." Bucky snapped.

It was everything, from the first moment he met her. He never thought he would be worthy of a love like this. His mother and sister would always mention that soulmates were real, but...at the time...he just didn't pay attention.

"Oh, sweetie..." She said. "When your father and I met? Everything came into a bright focus. You'll find her one day...finally see the world as the vibrant colors they are. Even your sister..."
"Rebecca thinks EVERY guy she meets is her soulmate." Bucky said sarcastically.
"That's because they all are...until they're not." Rebecca said. "I'll find him one day. It's called HOPE big brother."

NOW?

"How was your date with..." Becca asked. "What was her name?"
"Dot..." Bucky said, handing his sister a piece of toast.
He took a deep breath, looking at the piece of paper in his hands. Becca glanced from the paper to her brother and leaned against their counter.
"You get your orders?" Becca asked, a worried tone to her voice.
Bucky cleared his throat and furrowed his brow.
"Becs..." Bucky started.
Becca couldn't help but give a sad smile.
"I'll still keep looking..." Becca said. "She's out there somewhere."

Bucky kept his gun up and continued to lead everyone. Clint made his way to Bucky's side and took a deep breath.
"She's..." Clint started.
Bucky clenched his fists and shook his head.
"I don't even want to think about what they're doing to her." Bucky said.

Clint let out an exasperated sigh and gave Bucky a quick glance.
"She's a fighter." Clint said. "She'll be alright.."
"We will find her." Tommy said.
Bucky almost forgot they were here.
"Do you have any idea what you got yourselves into?" Bucky asked, jealousy creeping in to his tone.
Tommy rolled his eyes and stepped in front of Bucky to stop him walking.
"You're not the only one who loves her." Tommy simple stated.
Bucky gave Tommy a hard stare as his body tensed up.

"So, you finally gonna admit it?" Sam finally asked.
Bucky rolled his eyes and continued...trying to not make anything obvious.
"Sam..." Bucky warned.
"I'm just..." Sam started.
"Well don't!" Bucky yelled. "Because...I know! She's the LOVE of my LIFE! Okay?! God! I just..."
Bucky hung his head in defeat and clenched his eyes shut.
"I have to find her." Bucky gasped out.

"Uh, guys..." Steve said, almost above a whisper. "We have a problem..."

*****
Katie groaned as she tried her hardest to wake Glacier up.
"Please..." Katie pleaded, a tear falling down her swollen and bruised face.
The door to her room opened and Katie turned her head to see Rumlow, John, and Lamar walking in, a triumphant smile on Rumlow's features.

"They're here" Rumlow said.
Katie's heart rate sped up as she thought of that certain Sergeant...

Not out of excitement, no. Out of fear. She knew he was putting himself in danger.

Lamar took a deep breath and started recording everything. John gave a laugh as he rushed to her bed and roughly dragged her to her feet. Katie tried to fight, but she knew it was useless. Her eyes grew wide as Rumlow held up syringe.

"This is a NEW batch." Rumlow said. "Should work almost immediately."
He roughly pushed her head down and brushed her hair to the side, exposing the bare skin of her neck. Katie screamed out in pain as Rumlow injected her and she immediately felt her body burning.

John let her go as she stumbled forward. There was an icy blast of air and Glacier stood before them. Rumlow smirked as he took a step towards her.
"Ready for your final mission?" Rumlow asked.

Glacier picked up her head and stared blankly ahead.

She had no thoughts but her mission.

No emotions.

NO CONTROL

"Good." Rumlow cooed. "Kill them all."

*****
Steve couldn't believe what he was watching.
"This is a NEW batch." He said.
Steve's eyes grew wide as she saw the instant change.
"FRIDAY." Steve demanded. "Send this to the team."

Bucky's heart stopped as he heard Steve's voice. He sounded both shocked and terrified.
"What's going on?" Tony asked.
"I just sent it." Steve said, still not believing what he just saw.

Tony pulled up the video and projected it on a crumbling wall in front of them.
"What the hell is this?" Jimmy asked.
Bucky's fists clenched as he saw the instant change.
"What the FUCK?!" Tony asked.
"Well this just got more interesting." Clint said, his eyes never leaving the image of the woman covered in frost.
"Buck?" Sam asked.
"What happened to her?!" Peter asked.
"I always knew she was always hiding something..." Clint whispered.
"Glacier..." Bucky whispered.

"Hello, Boys..." Glacier said, frost swirling all around her.
"Katie..." Bucky said.

He could see that even Glacier wasn't in control. Her eyes were just blank.

"She's not here.." Glacier hissed out. "It's just little ole me."
She smirked as her ice daggers slowly formed in her hands.

"Oh, this is going to be fun." Glacier said, her lips curling in a devilish smile.