34.

3 Days ago

Glacier made a face as she spotted Lamar sneaking into one of the medical rooms...specifically one that held the serums and antiserums. She quietly tiptoed to the door and leaned against the door jam, just watching as he pawed through a mini fridge. He was clearly looking for something.

After clearly not finding what he was looking for, he straightened out with an annoyed huff. Turning towards the door, he gave a small flinch when he saw her leaning against the jam, staring at him.

"What are you doing in here, Lamar?" She asked with slight amusement in her voice.

Lamar cleared his throat but kept his composure.
"Walker wanted me to come to see if the next serum is ready." Lamar said.

Glacier gave a scoff and walked further in the room.
"Well, we both know that's a lie." She said, rolling her eyes. "So, I'll ask you again..."
She quickly drew her ice daggers and got into a fighting stance.
"What are you doing in here, Lamar?" She hissed.

Before anything could happen, she felt a hand on her shoulder and snapped her head to see John looking at her.
"He's telling the truth." John said.

She glanced between John and Lamar and glared at both. Without even thinking, she threw a strong blast of icy air throwing John to the ground and Lamar against a stone wall.

"Lamar!" John yelled.
He rushed to his friend's side and felt for a pulse.
"Lamar?" John weakly asked.

He saw the blood coming from his ears and a small trickle of blood coming from the side of his mouth. John slowly turned to Glacier and glared at her.
"Why?" John asked. "Why did you..."
She shrugged her shoulders and calmly walked away.
"I didn't trust him." She said.
She retracted the ice daggers and John went back to looking at his dead friend.

Katie would never have done something like that, not in a million years. Whatever Rumlow was giving his girl, it was making Glacier very unstable and uncaring. She was willing to kill just because. This wasn't what he signed up for with Rumlow. She was only supposed to Glacier, make her stronger for his own benefit. But now...he glanced at Lamar one last time before walking over to the little fridge, finding the only thing Lamar could have been looking for.

*****
Bucky was just about to start his daily workout when the phone started ringing. Seeing that it was Jimmy, he quickly answered and held his breath.

"Is he there?" Bucky asked.
"Well..." Jimmy started.
"Well...what?" Bucky asked.
Jimmy gave a shaky breath on the other line.
"You're gonna have to see this for yourself." Jimmy said.

Bucky immediately ended the call and rushed through the compound looking for everyone.
"He's there." Was all he had to say before they all rushed to suit up.
"Does he have the antidote?" Steve asked.
"He just said to get there as quickly as possible." Bucky said.

He put on his black leather jacket and hopped on his bike.
"I'll meet you there." Bucky said.

And without another word, he sped off towards The Firecracker. All he knew was that this antidote had better work. If he couldn't bring her back...

He refused to even think about that.

He came to a screeching halt as he saw Tommy standing outside the building.
"What the fuck?" Bucky asked. "Why aren't you inside talking to him?"
He went to move past Tommy, but Tommy slammed his hand on Bucky's shoulder to stop him.

"I'm one second away from returning that punch." Bucky said darkly.
"There's something you should know." Tommy said.

Bucky pushed past him and walked inside, stopping dead and dripping with RAGE when he saw Walker sitting at the bar with a glass of Whiskey.