39.

3 months later...

She walked into her closet to find the perfect dress.

"I still don't know why Tony wants to throw this party..." She mumbled, taking it off the hanger and holding it against herself in front of her floor length mirror.

Bucky came walking out of her bathroom, pulling his navy blue Henley over his head and smirked.
"You know Stark loves to throw a party."
"But I've already had a-"

He gave a chuckle and walked up behind her, wrapping both arms tightly around her waist and bringing her back flush to his chest.
"Because it's you..." He smirked, leaning down to place a kiss against her neck.

The dress dropped from her hands as she craned her neck and his lips crashed against hers. She spun around in his arms and he pushed her back against the wall, eliciting a groan from her throat. It was all lips and teeth as he tightened his grip around her waist in an almost bruising grip.

She smirked against his lips as his metal hand gingerly worked at the black, lacy bra; undoing it in one quick go and almost tearing it from her body. His flesh hand started moving further down south and she moaned into his mouth.

And, that's when he barged in...

"So guests are arriving and..."

Katie immediately jumped for her discarded bra to cover herself, Bucky just giving a smug grin. Tony immediately averted his eyes and clenched them shut.

"There's something I'll never be able to unsee."
"You could knock!" She yelled.
"I own the building and you live here for free?" Tony asked, cocking a brow and turning towards the couple.

Katie saw the smirk on Bucky and smacked him against his chest.
"Sorry if I want my girlfriend." Was all he said.
Tony clenched his jaw and cleared his throat.
"Just...okay it's called SOUNDPROOF. I installed it after the shower incident after you got home 2 months ago."

Katie's eyes went wide as her face turned a deep crimson.

"You..."
"Oh, we all heard it."

Bucky turned to her and gave a low growl.
"At least they know who's girl you are..."
Tony rolled his eyes and headed for the door.
"Guests." Was all he said, closing the door behind him.

She gave a chuckle and turned to the mirror, still wrapped in his arms.
"Wanna talk about last night?" He asked, finally letting her go so she could get dressed.
"What about last night?"
"You're nightmare?"

She gave a flinch but tried to play it off.

"I didn't have a nightmare." She scoffed.
Bucky gave a sigh and placed both hands at her hips, kissing the back of her neck and she leaned back into his touch.
"You're a horrible liar, Doc."
She took a deep breath and looked at him through the mirror.
"I'm fine, Buck..."
"Katie-"
She gave him a small smile and slipped the cocktail dress over her head.

It was a simple little black dress, classic, but by the way he was staring at her? The way the short dress was accentuating every curve perfectly. One would think it was the most elegant dress ever made.

"I'm fine, I promise. Zip me up?"

Bucky gave a sigh and took hold of the delicate fabric, slowly but gracefully started to bring the zipper upwards. He made sure that as he brought the zipper up his fingers traced her spin, causing a low moan to escape her lips.
"James..." She whispered, almost in warning.

He gave her that smug smirk and placed another kiss at the back of her neck.

"You look beautiful, Doll." He whispered against her skin.
"Gonna save me a dance tonight, Sarge?"
"Of course. I take all the girls dancing..."