28.

Rumlow and Walker stood towards the back of the training room, just watching as she easily and gracefully moved about. Lamar was stood opposite, recording her violent training session, a grimace on his face. He always hated what they did to their subjects. But this being Rumlow's daughter and, according the man himself, the love of John's life?!

He never understood what happened to his former best friend. Growing up, he was an outstanding citizen. Never a toe out of line. Then, when they joyfully volunteered to be enlisted in the army, they went their separate ways, in different units...and John returned different. That's when Lamar knew...they had diverged onto very different paths and he would always be on the good side; he would stick with John, yes, but...he was the voice of reason.

"Stay on guard!" Rumlow yelled, a step closer to the mat as his soldier struggled against her skills. John's smirk curled into a wicked smile as Katie crouched down and swung her own foot against the solder's ankles, tripping him as he landed on his back with an exasperated grunt. She slammed her foot against the soldier's throat, cutting off his air supply and dug her heel into his jugular, starting to draw blood. The soldier started struggling against her, kicking his feet and trying with all his might to rip her foot away for a gulp of air.

"That's enough." Rumlow simply stated.

Katie bit her bottom lip with a satisfied grin and finally released her hold, the soldier rolling to his side grasping at his neck and coughing for any air he could muster.
Rumlow smiled and walked over to her, never taking his eyes from her face.
"I think it's safe to say, the serum worked." Rumlow said with a satisfied grin.

John walked over and Katie just glared at him, wanting nothing more to do than punch his square jaw.
"I think so, sir." John said. "What now?"
John ran his hand up Katie's arm, but she violently grabbed it and twisted it in an unnatural position, causing to him to grimace and moan in pain.
"Don't fucking touch me." She snarled.

Rumlow gave a laugh as she dropped John's hand.
"Now, we wait." Rumlow said. "I'm sure the lovesick Soldier is looking for her. And when he does...we will be ready and waiting..."

*****
Bucky knew where he had to go first. He knew there had to something he missed. As he came to a screeching halt outside the building, he jumped off and rushed inside. There had to be some sort of indication as to WHERE she may have been whisked off to.

"I'm coming, Doll." Bucky thought to himself.

He rushed up to the front of the bar and took a deep breath.
"Come on..." Bucky hissed through gritted teeth.
His eyes were darting all over the room, frantically trying to think of what he could have missed in all the chaos. He just hoped for ANY sort of clue...

That's when a fist connected with his jaw.

He stumbled back, not out of pain, no. Out of extreme annoyance. His metal hand grasped his own chin as he started rubbing the annoying tinge away and flexing his jaw to make sure there was no actual damage. He glanced up and saw Tommy stumble back, angrily shaking his now already bruised hand, clenching and unclenching it to stave off the pain. Tommy hissed in pain and turned to glare daggers at Bucky.

"WHERE IS SHE?!" Tommy howled.

Bucky finally regained his composure and took a step forward to stand face to face with the Irishman.
"Why do you care?" Bucky asked. "You're the one who's barely spoken to her and kept her at arm's length lately."
"I wonder why..." Tommy spat out, placing some ice on his knuckles.

Bucky narrowed his eyes and continued to look around the room.
"Shouldn't you be at the hospital with your family?" Bucky asked.
"I called him after you rushed out of here." Jimmy interjected. "I thought he should know what was going on."
"What the actual FUCK happened?!" Tommy screamed, slamming his other fist on the bar top.
"John Walker." Bucky quickly said, with a deadly tone.