We've Already Met

Author's Note: Thank you for 500 reads! Hope you enjoy reading this story. I have 2 other stories as well, one completed, one almost done. If you have a moment, I would really appreciate your thoughts on those if you fancy reading them :) x

Tony walks back over and hands you a drink, "I have one more person coming over, who is going to want to meet you."

"How were you so sure that I would even come, let alone stay?" You take a sip; it's clearly not water, which causes you to make a face.

Tony smirks at your reaction, "Just a hunch." He checked his phone before taking a drink himself.

As he puts his glass down, the elevator dings, and out steps a man, "Ok, Stark. Why the urgent call telling me to get ov...." 

You stand immediately upon seeing the man, "Nick?!" You turn back to Tony, "You called my Emergency Contact?!"

"Fury, this is..." Tony turns to you extremely confused. "Sorry, your what?!" His jaw hangs open.

"How did you even get my Emergency Contact?! I know you have connections, but..." you stutter through in anger and confusion yourself.

Tony shakes his head, "Hang on." He looks between you and Fury a few times, waving his hand, "Information. Now."

Fury's eyes widen when he sees you. Shock. Confusion. Anger. "Y/N..." He sighs and then looks at Tony, "I knew this day would come."

"Exactly how do you know one another?" Tony is still holding his glass, standing.

You and Fury exchange a look, "He's....my guardian, so to speak."

"You're related?" Tony asks.

"No," Fury clarifies, his eyes not leaving yours.

"I sort of...fell into his life," a smile and laugh crosses both of your faces.

"And you've what? Just been keeping Y/N hidden away for their entire life?" Tony looks directly at Fury, almost angry.

"Safe. I have been keeping Y/N safe. But, that's apparently finished." Fury looks back to you, "What did you even do?!"

This time, Peter chimes in, "Y/N protected me and other students in the museum yesterday with this...this shield thing! It was AWESOME!"

"What happened to only practicing at home or at SHIELD?" Fury pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Right, so next time I'll let innocent people get injured instead of doing something?!" you say with more annoyance than sarcasm.

"You don't know what you're doing! You haven't perfected your abilities!" Fury's voice raises.

You huff, clenching your jaw, knowing that he's right.

"Well," Tony interrupts. "I believe we could help in that area."

"Absolutely not," Fury points a finger at Tony.

You ignore Fury, "How?" You ask Tony, but neither of the men hear you.

"Y/N being here, may even be more beneficial than training at SHIELD," Tony continues talking to Fury.

"Y/N will NOT become an Avenger, Stark," Fury's eyes blaze into Tony.

"I didn't say that. Y/N can explore and practice whatever abilities they have," Tony takes another drink, not phased by Fury.

Fury shakes his head, but actually seems to be considering it, "I really don't think..."