Mystery History 101

Author's Note: Hello! As always, thank you for sticking with this story :) I've already started a 4th on my TikTok, so there will be a 4th one on here at some point as well lol

Sleep is a joke that night. Not only is your mind still reeling from your memories, but now also the kiss from Loki.

You both have a....unique dynamic to say the least, so there was probably nothing meant behind him kissing you, not more than just because you kissed him on the cheek earlier.

It's early, the sun having just risen, and you're standing on the balcony, when you hear the glass door slide open, "Did we not make plans for breakfast last night?" You hear Loki ask.

You keep your eyes on the city, "Sorry, I...couldn't sleep."

Loki walks over to you and looks at your plate, "You've barely eaten."

You look down at the fork you've been moving back and forth for who knows how long now, "Appears so. Guess I should heat this up." You turn and start walking to the door, still avoiding eye-contact with Loki.

Loki gently takes your arm, "Hey. What is going on?"

You put on a forced smile and turn to him, "Nothing. No need to worry."

"Y/N..." there's concern and seriousness in his eyes.

"I'm fine. Really. Just...memories taking over my mind too much," you try to convince Loki. You weren't necessarily lying, just not specifying which memory, nor did you want to admit which to yourself.

Loki nods and lets your arm go, "Yes. Yes, of course. That is understandable."

You both step back inside the tower, to more of the team beginning to stir. As your food heats up, you're lost in your thoughts again. Loki didn't even bring up the kiss. But then again, why would he? It meant nothing to either of you. Right? The beeping of the microwave pulls you from your mind. 

"Ok," Tony says plopping onto the couch with his own plate. "Everyone is here for Mystery History 101."

You huff, mixed with a chuckle, "There will be a 10 question quiz following today's lesson; courtesy of Tony."

He raises his coffee cup in a toast, "The floor is yours."

You take one more sip of coffee before you start, "My parents and I lived just outside of the main town of Asgard; just us, no siblings. My father fought under Odin, but was injured when I was about...10? in Midgard years. He retired and stayed home, while my mom worked as a seamstress in the city."

"When did you discover your powers?" Wanda asks as you break for some food.

You do some more calculating, "3 years old? give or take. My parents and I hid my powers though. I probably would have been turned over to the King if anything was discovered about them."

Thor and Loki look down, confirming your sentence. 

"How did you train then?" Tony questions.

"My parents helped me with what they could, but I did a lot on my own, and..." you frown as more memories become clear.

"Until..." Nat and the others exchange a glance.

"I...I had a friend. We practiced together, in the forest sometimes," a small smile forms on your face as you recall. "If anyone were to have found out about our abilities...."

Thor puts a hand on your shoulder, "We will help you find your friend."

You suddenly look-up at Thor, shocked by his words, "W-we can go to Asgard?"

Thor smiles, "Whenever you wish to, Y/N."

Your body flings itself off of the couch and to Thor, into his arms, which he welcomingly hugs you back. 

Loki clears his throat, "We THREE, will leave for Asgard in 2 days time." 

You break the hug with Thor and notice that Loki abruptly leaves the room.

"We've got training, Y/N," Wanda calls from the kitchen.

"Coming!" you grab a water and follow her down the stairs to the training room.

Once you're settled, you both start warming up, "So, Loki tells me that you've been doing rather well in your training?" 

"The two of you have been very helpful in that matter," you say between energy blasts between you and Wanda.

"And your endurance has definitely improved!" she says dodging one of your blasts.

You both continue for almost an hour before taking a break.

As you stand against one of the walls, "Do you think either of your parents had similar powers to yours?"

You shake your head, "From what I can remember, no. They bot...." you try to finish your sentence, but it suddenly feels like someone is pushing into your skull, worse than a headache. 

Wanda leans off of the wall, "Y/N?" She puts her hand on your shoulder to steady your now wavering balance. "Hey, look at me," Wanda moves to stand directly in front of you.

You nearly fall over, feeling as if you'll blackout at any moment, "Wa-Wanda, what's happening?"

"Come. We need to get you upstairs," she, as calmly as she can, leads you back to the main room through the elevator right outside.

Nat and Steve are in the main room when you stumble in with Wanda, "Jesus. What the hell happened?!" You know it's Nat's voice, but everything is blurry right now.

You manage to grab onto the kitchen island for support, but the pain intensifies, causing you to scream out.

Tony, Thor, and Loki come running into the room. You cannot see them, but you can hear them. You're squeezing your eyes shut, hoping to relieve some of the pain. 

You're forced to slump to the ground, and suddenly you're getting a vision of the Bifrost. Another memory. Your parents. Then darkness. 

A few seconds, which really feels like 2 minutes, your eyes finally open, but you puke into the garbage can right next to you.

Steve is at your side with water, rubbing your back, "Breathe. You're ok."

You sit-up, resting your back against the island as you catch your breath.

"They're dead," you say just above a whisper, staring straight ahead.

"Who is?" Tony asks.

"My parents," you finally bring your gaze to everyone in the room, as you lift yourself off of the ground.