The Suitor

Author's Note: Trying to get chapters/parts to you more frequently x

The rest of the day you spend with Frigga, going over formalities of now being a Protectress. Tomorrow is the ball that Odin is putting together in your honor, and you really want nothing to do with it. Just like on Earth, you've never been one for big parties. You turn to Frigga, who is stacking books to be put back on shelves, "May I spend the evening in my home tonight? I just need a bit of a palace break."

Frigga places the last book, "No need to explain, dear. Of course you may. You are free to come and go whenever you wish. Just return here before lunch tomorrow, yes?"

You nod twice, "Thank you, Frigga." 

Frigga nods as well, in a wordless dismissal. 

You teleport most of the way to your house, but walk along the lake. When you reach your home, you still feel the spell shield around it, so you make a mental note to ask Frigga about that eventually.

After a cup of hot tea, you fall asleep almost instantly in your old room, to the sound of birds, and a light breeze coming through the window.

You have no idea what time it is, but the sun is starting to rise. You take a deep breath and are about to get up, when you feel two arms wrap around you.

Out of instinct, you swing your pillow, hitting the person right off of the bed.

"Ow!" you hear the familiar voice from the floor, as two hands pull Loki back up onto the bed.

"Gods, Loki!" You say wiping your hand over your eyes. "What the hell are you doing here?!"

Loki lays back onto the bed and looks at you as if your question is in some foreign language, "You were not in the palace."

"Clearly," you wave your arm around your room.

Loki stays silent just looking at you. You now stand up while Loki remains in your bed.

You sigh and pinch the bridge of your nose, "Let's just say, I understand why you needed a break from the palace when we were younger."

"Cannot even make it through a day, can you? I am disappointed," Loki sits up with a grin.

You slump back down onto your bed, facing away from Loki, "Fine, then go back to the palace." You fake yawn and pull your pillow more under your head, "If I disgust you that much, it doesn't matter; I have suitors to meet tomorrow." Loki can't see your smile, but you know that'll get him.

Suddenly you're pulled into Loki's chest, and he puts his head next to your ear, "Get one thing straight, Hlin. You can dance with every soul in the 9 realms tomorrow, but a certain prince will always be the top choice."

You flip around to be face-to-face with Loki, "Oh! Thor, right?" You try to fight your sarcasm, but you wind-up smirking and licking your top lip.

Loki growls, "You are ridding me of any patience I have left."

Your smirk doesn't falter, "I guess you will just have to find more, my prince." You kiss Loki's cheek before trying to turn over again.

Loki holds you in place and tilts your chin back up to him, "What did you just call me?"

You're confused at what Loki means, but then you realize what you said, "I..."

"Say it again," Loki looks at you very seriously, bringing your hands to his chest.

You grip his shirt in your hands, "MY Prince." You trail your hands up to Loki's cheeks, tracing his jaw.

It takes Loki all of a second to flip you over and crash his lips onto yours.

Needless to say, you and Loki did not get out of bed for a bit. 

You're sitting behind Loki on the bed, "Just a quick snip here." You move your hand lightly in Loki's hair, "And here."

Loki takes your wrist in his hand, "I'm so sorry, Mother. I went to see Hlin this morning, and she was not there. She must have changed her mind overnight." Loki pulls you in front of him, "That sounds convincing, yes?"

"Hey!" you push his hair back.

"Do not make jokes to the Trickster, darling," Loki says closing his eyes as you continue to play with his hair.

"Hm. But it is oh so much fun...darling," you lightly kiss Loki before you both stand and use magic to conjure clothing for the day.

Loki teleports the pair of you back to the palace, and you separate for the rest of the day before the celebration. 

"Thank you for your time, Protectress," one of Odin's potential suitors bows after your dance.

You curtsey back, and head for a drink. The music is about to start up again, and you notice another warrior making their way to you, so you down the rest of your glass.

"May I have this dance, Protectress?" His hand reaches for yours and you take it, seeing Odin eyeing you from the family table.

The music is good, but none of these suitors even attempt to hold conversation. Luckily, the drinks have been helping.

While you're dancing with the same warrior, Loki comes up behind you, "I am cutting in."

"Your highness," the warrior steps back from you and walks away.

Loki now walks in front of you, "Dance with me."

You squint your eyes, "Everyone will stare and presume you are a suitor, Prince Loki."

Loki leans in closer so only you can hear him, "We both know I am THE suitor." He holds out his hand.

You exhale a laugh and place your hand in his. Loki pulls you to him, one of his hands now resting on your back, the other holding yours.

"How are you liking this evening?" Loki asks, never once taking his eyes off of you.

"Considering that last warrior said more to you than me, fantastic," you joke, causing Loki to lightly laugh.

Before either of you realize, you've danced three songs together. Guests and nobility keep dancing, but their attention is clearly on you and Loki.

Loki spins you into him, crashing hard against one another as the song concludes. Instead of breaking apart, Loki's hand remains around you, holding you together, "Will you have me as your suitor?"

You smile and match Loki's lower volume of voice, "You have been for a while now, just...unofficially."

Loki side-eyes the room, "Well then...." Loki's other hand moves behind your head and he leans in even closer, "You. Are. MINE." 

"Yes," there's a glint in both of your eyes, before your lips mold into a kiss.

The next song had started during your exchange, but it very quickly stops, along with any conversation that was going on in the entire ballroom.

Odin taps his staff on the floor twice, "Everyone is dismissed!" His tone is stern, yet filled with anger, and it echoes off of the walls. 

"Oh dear. I do believe we may have caused a disruption," Loki smirks before lightly kissing you again, as the company scurries out of the palace.