Walls and Worms

Author's Note: Back again! Check for cats and dogs, since this is the 2nd update this week lol

Loki's touch is cool on your cheeks, and your hands find the back of his head as well.

"Closer. I need Loki closer," you say in your mind as your lips battle Loki's for dominance. "One second it's a huge argument, and now we're...." 

"Shit!" Now you say aloud, as everything suddenly registers in your mind, and you step away from Loki, breathless.

"What is it?" Loki looks at you confused.

You run a hand through your hair, "We just kissed!"

Loki runs his tongue across his top teeth, "It is not the first time we have done so, Hlin." He smiles and then laughs.

"Do not play that card. We both know this was...different," you say seriously, causing Loki's smile to fade.

"Yes. But you DID tell me to do th..." Loki's eyes go wide, "Is that not what you had meant? I thought yo..."

"No." You shake your head, "I wanted you to." You look down, "That's not it. I just...we were just at one another's throats, yelling, and then..." You shake your head and look back up, "Our tongues were DOWN each other's throats!"

Loki's smile returns, "Such a way with words. Add that to my list for you."

Now a smile slips from you, "Look who finally found their words." 

Silence hangs between you for a few seconds, "Why did you ignore me in the first place at the ball?!"

"Right, I guess the kissing moment is done," Loki mumbles.

You cross your arms, "And it will be permanently if you do not start talking, Charming."

Loki raises his eyebrows, "You wish to do it again?"

"Not anymore," you huff and start to walk away.

"Heavens," Loki sighs, "It was a mistake!"

You turn back around so Loki can continue.

"Ignoring you. I thought if I stopped...any of this," he motions between the two of you, "from happening, then in turn it would protect you." Loki pauses, "From me."

You frown, "What do you mean?"

Loki takes a step closer to you, "I cannot always ensure the safety of those that I care about. And I care...for you." 

You find yourself once again stepping to Loki, "You do not get to make that decision on my behalf. Nor do I need protection, from you, or anything else. I choose what I want to happen."

Loki nods, staying quiet.

Now you stand back in front of Loki, "Plus, since I have technically trained with you, SHIELD, Wanda, the Avengers, and you again, who knows? I may be more powerful than you anyway."

"Now who is the pompous one?" Loki's lips curl into a grin.

"Well, I guess you unknowingly trained me in that too."

"See? I am already a horrible influence," Loki brushes his fingers to yours.

"The absolute worst," you intertwine your fingers with Loki's. "Goodnight, Loki."

Loki leans forward, brushing his lips against yours, but you use your other hand to hold his head there. 

"Goodnight, Hlin," Loki whispers against your lips before releasing your hand.