You're Coming Too

Author's Note: Two updates in one week? Who am I lol. Closing in on 500 followers, so thank you SO MUCH! Please continue to comment, vote, share, all of the above on your favorite parts of not only this story, but my other two as well :)

You get back up to the main room and walk into the kitchen for a snack. The smirk on your face after leaving Loki in the training room still there.

"And how was training?" Tony asks from the living room.

When you turn, you see Loki emerging up the stairs, rubbing his shoulder. "I'd say it went rather well."

Thor is hanging about as well, "Everything alright, brother?" He asks when he sees Loki.

Loki's other hand comes up, one finger in the air, "Don't. Just don't."

"Great. Then you both will have no problem with this becoming permanent," Tony hides his laughter.

You and Loki both stiffen at Tony's words simultaneously, which Thor takes notice of, making his brows furrow.

"No. Not a problem whatsoever. Right, Charming?" You try to casually say.

Loki looks at you and fakes a smile, "Best news all day."

For the remainder of the week, you and Loki train with one another, barely saying anything more than what is related to your powers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

By the following week, you can hold your purple energy for close to an hour, and neither you nor Loki have killed one another, so two points of success. You would never admit it, but Wanda was right about Loki being a solid trainer.

You're in the middle of training, when Tony comes over the speaker, "We have a mission. Mystery, Snape, let's go."

The intercom clicks off, "Wait, what?" You and Loki head upstairs immediately.

On your way up, Loki looks at you, "Who is Snape?"

Thor has become more adjusted to life on Earth, so you often forget that many things are foreign to Loki, "I...I'll tell you later." When you reach the main room, you stop Tony, "I'm going on this mission too?"

Tony looks to Loki, "Depends. Do you think Y/N is ready?"

Loki briefly looks at you before answering Tony, "For an entire fight? No."

You know Loki is right, so you remain quiet.

"However...if needed, Y/N can...WILL prove to be helpful," Loki continues, correcting himself mid-sentence.

"Then it's settled. Welcome to the team," Tony says pressing a button on his watch, which brings his suit to him in seconds. "And if Fury finds out or asks, it's just for today."

A laugh escapes you, knowing Fury would be...well, FURious.

Out of the corner of your eye, you see a green light shimmer over Loki. When you turn to him, he's now in Asgard battle gear. "Hey..." you get his attention.

Loki looks at you on his way out of the main room.

"Thank you," you genuinely smile.

Loki says nothing, just nods. For one split second, you think you see a faint smile on Loki's face, but your eyes were probably just playing tricks on you.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Before you know it, you're in the Quinjet, while the Avengers are all out taking care of the mission. Luckily, you can hear everything over the comms.

"Mystery," Tony calls and you can hear blasts coming from his suit, "I'm going to need you over here."

You happen to move with more excitement than you expected, "On it!"

You make your way about a block away, where Tony is holding his own, but he's straining. You see about 4 robots, two of which are nearly knocked out of commission, but the other two are doing a number on Tony's suit. 

With one blast of purple energy, you knock one of them down completely.

"Not bad, Y/N," Tony finishes off one of the other robots, leaving two. 

You smile, almost shocked at yourself, but then you see Loki, who has 3 robots closing in on him.

Tony takes care of one of the final two robots around him, when he also notices Loki, "Running won't get either of us there in time."  He looks around, before blasting another robot. 

Genuine concern crashes through you, and all you can think about is reaching Loki. You take one look back at Tony, and the next thing you know, you're standing next to Loki.

Loki knocks one of the robots to the ground, pieces breaking off, when he sees you, "How did you.....?" His expression is mixed with shock and...impressed? 

Your turn to handle one of the robots now, "Less talking, more fighting, Charming."

Loki shakes his head, then turns back around to continue fighting the robots off.

Just when you think you've got all of them, a new line of about 20 robots comes out of nowhere.

"Well, that's not good," Steve says over comms, out of breath.

You feel the energy pulse through you. Under any other circumstance, the team could take them quickly, but everyone is exhausted. You can hear it and see it. You've only known these people for a short time, but they've become the closest thing to a family that you've known. 

The energy grows stronger in you, and now your hands are glowing purple again. You kneel onto the street, slamming your fists into the ground, releasing all of the energy that was becoming too much. 

A surge of purple energy ripples through the ground, taking out the robots, leaving the team, and yourself, stunned.

There's silence, until you feel two hands lift you up by your shoulders. 

"Hey, it's alright. You're ok," you recognize the voice to be Loki's as he steadies you.

You stumble a bit when you start to walk, but you catch yourself on Loki, who is walking next to you back to the Quinjet.

"Sit here," Nat says making room next to her. "Drink," she hands you a water bottle. 

You follow her order, catching the rest of your breath once you've sat down.

Your eyes are closing as you lean your head back against the wall of the jet, but everyone else's eyes on the team are still fixated on you, especially Loki's.