Spar

Author's note: Hey all! Life got a bit busy for a while, but I hope to update this story more! Please like and comment on your favorite parts. I am also writing this on TikTok, but this version will have more detail :) Thanks for following me as well! Hope this story and the others are living up to your expectations! x 

Wanda arrived at the compound the next day, and you've already started training with her for a few hours.

"Not bad. Your control has already improved!" You both lean against the wall for a quick break. "Tony...tells me that you lost control a bit yesterday," Wanda says tiptoeing around her words.

You look down at your still flowing hands, but remain silent.

"What made you lose control do you think?" Wanda questions.

You bring your eyes to her, "Not having control...made me lose control. It is not a feeling I have ever been fond of."

Back upstairs, the Bifrost has opened, and Thor is pushing Loki through the halls.

"Explain to me once again why I am on Midgard?" Loki grunts in disgust.

"Because we have been beckoned back, brother," Thor says shoving his shoulder forward.

Loki scoffs, "My guess is that your arrival will be more celebrated than mine."

"I'm hurt, Reindeer Games," Tony greets them as they walk into the main room. "Guess I will have to cancel the party in your honor."

Thor laughs, but Loki is not even slightly amused, "I have missed your humor oh SO much, Stark."

"And I yours," Tony pats Loki's shoulder, which he shrugs off.

Loki snarls, and Thor holds him back, "You required us, Stark?"

"Actually, yes. Come with me," Tony leads them to the overlook window of the training room, where Steve, Fury, Nat, and Peter also are.

Fury and Loki exchange a look, but Thor pulls Loki to the other side of him. "New Avenger?" he asks looking down at you and Wanda in the training room.

"Not yet," Tony winks at Fury. "Powers include forms of magic and pulling from light and electrical sources. So far."

Thor switches his gaze to Tony, "So far?"

Steve nods down to the room, "They're working on seeing what else they can do."

Tony presses the intercom button, "Wanda, come up here please. Mystery, stay there for now. Take a break."

Wanda enters the overlook area, "Thor. Loki," she greets.

"Wanda's been training with them, since their abilities are similar. We brought you and Lo..." Tony explains but when he looks around the small room, Loki is no longer there with them. 

You however, look-up and see a cloud of green smoke across the training room from you.

"Ah, so you're the one I've been brought here to spar with," Loki folds his arms in front of him.

You stand-up straight again, motioning with your arm for Loki to continue in, "Go for it."

"You look exhausted, darling," Loki takes a few steps forward.

"I just trained with 4 other people, DARLING. Let's get this over with," you mock.

"No introductions first?" Loki pretends to look hurt.

"Not needed," you shrug.

"Well. I am Loki. Of Asgard. God of Mischief. Lies," he pauses, "Charm." Loki winks at you.

You scoff, "GOD," You emphasize the term. "Of chatter. Annoyance. Modesty." You now get a better look at the tall, raven-haired, God...or whatever the hell he thinks he is.

"You're feisty," Loki has stopped walking and looks you up and down. "I could add annoying to describe you as well."

"Go right ahead," now you're getting impatient. "So, is your power talking through a battle, or?"

With that, Loki sends a green ball of energy at you, kicking your feet out from under you, sending you onto the ground. "You were saying?" He asks with an amused look on his face.

You stand-up, "Now that's more like it." You send your purple energy at him, which he easily blocks.

"Hm. Not bad, but you'll have to be quicker," He sends another your way, hitting your shoulder. "And a better blocker."

Now Loki's making you angry. Obnoxious God. "Stop. Talking!" You throw two more blasts at him, between your words. The first Loki blocked, but the second managed to make Loki stumble back.

Everyone has been watching from upstairs in the overlook room. 

"I understand that they have similar powers, but are we sure this is the best idea?" Steve asks.

"Please, this is fun!" Thor says with a small smile on his face.

"Besides, Y/N is giving Loki a run for his money," Nat matches Thor's expression.

"Physically AND verbally," Tony sounds impressed.

Fury is trying to look unamused, "I still do not like the God. I do, however, give Y/N full permission to beat Loki's ass."

You try to keep throwing blasts at Loki, but it is tiring you out, and fast.

Loki throws a large burst, which you manage to partially block, but then he notices it also somewhat hit you.

That last part knocked you down for the count, causing you to lean against the wall for support. "I...think that's enough for today," you say catching your breath.

Out of the corner of your eye, you see Loki take a step towards you, "Are you alri...."

He's interrupted by Tony, Fury, and Thor coming into the room.

"You good, Y/N?" Tony says with concern.

"Fine," you smile, ensuring them. 

While the 3 of them continue talking, you see the same green smoke appear, followed by Loki no longer in the room.