How We Really Feel

Author's Note: From 2 updates in 2 days to....another apology. Hope this chapter makes up for it...a little lol. Happy Summer!

"You and Fandral seem to be getting quite close," you hear Loki's voice from behind you.

You take a deep breath, already annoyed, "We're actually getting married tomorrow." You cross your arms and turn around.

"What is it exactly that you think you are doing?" Loki's jaw clenches, now accenting his cheek bones even more.

"Well, I was trying to go to my room, but some ANNOYING prince is stopping that," you roll your eyes, and turn to leave.

Loki teleports in front of you, blocking your path, "You know that is not what I am referring to."

You sigh, "You...I thought I knew what...this..." you motion with your hand but then just shake your head and look down. "Nevermind," you move around Loki once again.

"You danced the entire night Fandral, Hlin!" Loki doesn't yell, but you can hear the grit in his teeth.

You turn back, "You said ONE WORD to me the entire night, Loki!" You realize how loud you just spoke, so now you look around the hall, "One. Word." You say a little quieter.

"Well, right now I have a few choice words," Loki's eyes never leave yours.

You laugh, "Oh as do I." You step closer to Loki, "You are a pompous, arrogant, INFURIATING God."

The corners of Loki's mouth curve slightly into a smile, "Is that all?" He licks his top lip, "If so, then why are you still talking to me? Wasting your breath?"

You grit your teeth so hard, you almost think they'll shatter, "Because...."

Loki raises his eyebrows.

"Because..." you take a breath. "Despite all of that, you're...funny. Intelligent."

Loki's eyes now slowly squint.

"And...good, Loki," your tone softens. "You're good, Loki."

Loki drops his arms and scoffs.

"At least to those who you will allow to see it in you," you now look down and pick at your nail.

There's a moment of silence before Loki breaks it, "....I do believe you left out incredibly handsome."

When you look back up, Loki's face is now grinning ear-to-ear, "Exhibit A of pompousness!" You try to hide your laugh, "Goodnight, Loki." You start walking to your room.

"Do I not get to give my list for you?" Loki calls after you.

You spin back on your heels, "Go on."

Loki slowly steps to you, "You are JUST as infuriating. You do things without thinki..."

"Really, Loki?" your tongue pokes your cheek.

"AND you do not let others speak!" Loki still says calmly.

You bite your tongue as Loki continues to move closer.

"And at the same time, you are a spitfire. You are smart. And sometimes too kind, especially to those who do not deserve it," Loki pauses. "Like me."

"Loki..." you now say a bit more breathless.

"And part of me is fine with all of that, but...the other part just wants to..." he trails off as he now stands less than a foot from you.

You've instinctively moved closer to Loki as well, and you notice him look at your lips, "Wants to....?"

"Hlin..." Loki glances once more from your eyes to your lips, taking a final step to you.

You lean-up slightly, "Loki." And closer. "Do it," you almost whisper. 

Both of your breathing is now coming in short, and you can each feel it on your lips, "To Hel with it." Loki's hands instantly cup your face, as he crashes his lips to yours, pulling you to him, desperately, as close as possible.