Chapter 1 - Silent Night

A/N: Why hello there! Yep, I restarted the whole damn book because it was so damn difficult building off of the last chapters to make new ones. This time I will put more thought into it instead of just shitting a bunch of ideas to create a shitty plot. But of course, that will cause me to take a bit long to make some new chapters. Hopefully you guys are okay with that. Not to mention my other side-projects I have will also cause me to take longer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Y/N's POV]

The sound of bells jingling ring through the house as Mom puts them up the wall. I peak through the stairwell of our house, watching as Dad hangs the last Christmas ornament on our tree.

From the corner of my eye, I notice Mom carrying a pair Christmas stockings. She looks up above her, noticing me peeking down from the stairs.

"Come down and help me, (Y/N)!" She shouts as she moves to decorate the front door.

Picking myself up from the railings, I jump down a few steps, causing the bottom of my slippers to clap against the floor. I'm not too fond of decorating for Christmas, but that's only because I'm too lazy to. A simple decorated tree should be enough, not a whole new North Pole!

Sighing, I decided to go to Dad to do the easiest job: hanging ornaments. At least it's less energy consuming to me. I grab the basket of extra ornaments, creasing it against the cold tiles as I bring it closer to the tree.

Dad pats me on the back, "Oh, thanks (Y/N). Excited that it's nearing Christmas?" He asks in a happy tone. "You've always loved this stuff as a kid," he sighs in a reminiscent tone.

"Only because I get to wear hoodies and comfy pants," I answer bluntly. "This season of giving is just a season of relaxing for me."

Dad side-eyes me as he puts the last ornament on the tree. "You'll understand once you experience what it's like to give. It'll be magical!" Ignoring his little teacher lesson, I walk behind the tree to plug in the lights. The plug clicks against the outlet, shaking the cord as the whole tree lights up with red lights. I have to admit, it's always pretty cool seeing Christmas lights light up.

Dad laughs joyfully, "Haha! She's a beauty, huh?"

"The lights, yeah," I side-mark. "Are we having any occasions for Christmas?"

Dad carries the basket away and sets it next to the fire place. "Yes we do, actually! Tonight, we're having a Christmas dinner where we'll be inviting friends, family, and possibly your other friends! I believe there might be a few of our friends as well, so you'll probably see some unfamiliar faces. Oh, and by the way, we have a specific guest coming who's new to this area of the town. It'd be good to be nice to her since I'm sure it's difficult for her to be in a different area. You got that?"

I roll my eyes, "Great. Tell them to not go in my room," I peace out with an 'ok' sign with my fingers.

"CLEAN YOUR ROOM TOO!!!" Mom shouts from the kitchen. I huff as I close the door to my room, making sure that I don't accidentally slam it. Everyone with strict parents knows that slamming a door in the house is a colossal mistake.

My bed cushions and mattress blow air as I collapse onto it. I lay to the side, cat stretching as I gaze outside the window.

Outside, I notice a car coming in our driveway, stopping once it reaches the parking limit. I don't bother to see who it is as my eyes slowly drift off, bringing me into a well-deserved sleep.

***
[Y/N's POV]

My eyes shoot open as I awake in the same room I fell asleep in. My window is open, and I can hear crickets outside making their usual noise. Did I seriously just sleep through Mom's entire Christmas party? It's unusual that she didn't wake me up to scold me...

As I get up to close the window, a shooting star soars through the stars, landing far away into a big explosion. My eyes widen as part of the sky lights up, signaling that whatever hit, it's big.

Curious if my parent's are awake, I quickly storm out my room. The whole house is dark...? Damn, I really did sleep through Mom's entire party! I go to the front door to check the porch as I spot two large figures approaching the house.

I panic, shutting the door behind me in fright. "Damn it, now they know someone's home! Way to go!"

I run up the stairs, stepping with my toes to silence the noise. I could get Mom to open the door! My breath hits the walls as I try to drag myself to Moms' room. I throw my hands onto the door knob as I swing it open, catching the door before it hits the wall too hard. Sprinting towards the bed, I throw my arms as I toss all blankets and pillows off of the bed. There's no one on the bed... Did they leave somewhere? Why would they do that without telling me?!

Suddenly, I hear the windows being broken, followed by numerous radio statics to echo across the house. I zoom inside my Mom's closet, hiding myself in the extra blankets. Are the S.W.A.T. hunting me or something?!

It didn't take long for the presumed soldiers to barge into my parents room. I hear their heavy breathing as their footsteps tread slowly around the room, tracing all the chaos on the floor to find me. Please don't check the closet, please don't check the closet, please don't check the closet!

My heart suddenly feels like it takes a deep swan dive as the closet doors are kicked open. Before me are two soldiers dressed in dark green camouflage, dusty black bullet proof vests, and light machine guns holstered on their backs.

My heart rate accelerates as I throw my hands up. "What do you want from me?! Go away!!!" The soldiers don't respond or even move an inch. Before I could protest my pleads more, the two come closer to me as one of them unsheathes a combat knife from their vest, followed by a pure blackout to my eyes.

*****

What I thought would be the cold touch of a blade is instead met with the hand of my mother. My eyes rapidly blink open, eventually causing me to realize that I'm back in my room again. However, my lights are back on and my window isn't open. Was I... dreaming?

I roll over as I make eye contact with the concerned gaze of my Mom. "(Y/N)? What's wrong? You're sweating a lot!" I sit up as I realize my shirt is sticking to my chest due to the hot temperature in the room. I then remember my dream, causing me to shoot up in a panic. "Mom!!! Are you alright?! Is Dad okay?! What happened to the Christmas party-"

"Hey, hey, just relax! We're all okay, nothing bad happened to us." Mom holds my shoulders in a protective grip. "You had a bad dream I assume? You fell asleep right after you helped your Dad with the tree." Mom's gentle tone calms me as I begin to get ahold of my surroundings again. I sigh as I get up, slowly realizing the unfamiliar voices chatting downstairs. I glance outside my room, "Visitors?"

Mom nods, "Yep! You don't need to say hi since you seem tired. Henry and your friends are in the backyard, so go meet up with them! But change your clothes first since you reek of sweat. Oh, and shower first!"

I quickly speed-walk to my bathroom as Mom exits my bedroom. After closing the door, I twist the faucet to turn the hot water on in the shower. I pull my shorts down and pull off my shirt, shortly testing the water for its heat. Once I feel that it's at a tolerable temperature, I carefully step in as the water begins to slide down my body.

I immediately close the curtains. "Geez, that was one hell of a dream," I talk to myself. "That felt way too real. What does it even mean...?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Well, that's the start of the remake of Chapter 1! I already have a planned plot line planned for this so I'm hoping this book turns out well. Hopefully that ending wasn't too abrupt either.

Until next time, I'll see you next chapter!