Chapter 5 - Powerful Ladies

[Y/N's POV]

"The 05 Council?" I mumble to myself as I pinch my chin. "What does that mean? Council? I can only assume it's some higher authority."

I flip the 05 paper on its other side, hovering my gaze on what looks like a written link. I bounce off the cushion from my bed, hitting against my chair as I roll to the desk and computer. My hands jerk to the keyboard as it lights a red color, sliding the mouse as it enters me to some SCP search engine. I guess they like to use their own search-engine instead of Google.

Hovering the mouse to the magnifying glass, I tap on the left pad as a blinking line appears, moving forward as words of the link follow behind it. I see the page load with a dark circle, rolling a red pill-shaped bar as it brings me to a video. The thumbnail displays about thirteen dark silhouettes of human figures, all sitting cross-legged and some man-spreading. Who are these people?...

A click taps on the ceiling above me as I scroll down. My eyes glance over a list of words, all labeled with the word 'Clearance,' and numbers one through five. I lean forward, fingers touching my chin as mumble to myself,

"Okay okay... how do I skim through this?"
The door to my containment cell beeps open as a man walks in. It's Dr. Bright.

He waves at me as he approaches, rattling some gun in his hand. I glare at it in concern, "Uhhh, what's with the revolver?..."

His eyes widen in realization, bringing the gun as he soon seems to remember, "Oh, right. Hah! I almost forgot I was holding this baby. You see, I was trying to ask if I can shoot an SCP with this."

I quickly put my hands up, "Wait, what?... You're not gonna shoot me right?!"

He spins his head to me after darting his eyes around the room, shaking his head a bit too fast, "Huh? Oh, no no, not you! I just came here to check on you, given how quick you were introduced to... you know, everything. Whatcha looking at on the computer?"

I straighten my lips into a line as I scoot back on my chair. My hand unconsciously slaps onto my thigh, guiding Dr. Bright to my computer screen. He walks forward as his gun clinks against my desk, his golden amulet dangling above my keyboard. He shoots an eyebrow up,

"Ahhh, I see. The 05 Council, eh?" He sits on the bed that was a few steps away from my desk, "Kid, may I ask how you got access to our search engine?"

He crosses his arms, staring with a scrutinizing look. I scratch my head in embarrassment, "Oh, uhh — I guess I wasn't supposed to be on here then." I grab the document next to me, showing the link in front of his face. His fingers cause a crumbling paper sound as he takes it from my hands, squinting his eyes as he brings up his glasses,

He hums in intrigue, "Interesting... So I'm assuming someone named Dr. Jones gave you this, yes? Huh... I'll have to talk to her about that then-"

I spin around on the chair, sliding my back off as my feet drag against the carpet, "Why? What's wrong? Was I not supposed to know about the 05 Council?"

Jack pauses as he crumbles up the 05 paper into a ball, tossing it into a nearby can like a basketball. He swings his arms to his side, happily bouncing with a pompous smile. Pausing mid-movement, he goes to shrug at my question,

"I mean... I could tell ya! But then I'd have to kill you." he mutters the last part in a dark tone as my heart feels like it's stopped. He lets out a howling cackle, slapping his knee, "I'm joking, I'm joking! Everyone here, including me, are actually prohibited from killing you. The least I could do is wipe your memory with an amnestic. Anyways, it's top-secret, so-"