Chapter 9 - She Always Knows Best

[Y/N's POV]

I lift my torso up from my bed in a jolt, eyes darting around in a panic as I notice my lights are on. I jerk my head to the blue rocking chair to see that it's empty, Lalia no longer occupying it. My hands clutch tight onto my dark-blue heavy blanket as I toss it to the side, the cloth flapping as it drops in a crumbled position. I press my index finger to the corner of my right eye, gently rubbing back and forth as a piece of eye crust falls out.

Where is everyone? Am I the only one awake right now?

The fuzzy carpet that's outside my doorway, opposite from my indoor balcony fuzzes gently, gentle stomps arising in volume as Prunella enters through with a steaming cup of coffee in hand. I frown as she leans on my doorway with her bare shoulder, keeping my eyes on the smoke that swirled out her white coffee mug,

"Good morning (Y/N)," she greets in a breathy tone.

I turn my back to her, my eyes glaring wide-eyed with my nostrils flared slightly, "What the hell do you want?"

Prunella takes the rim of her mug to her lips, slurping gently before departing her lips away with a sigh. Her voice echoes slightly in the coffee mug, "Nothing too serious. I've been notified that you didn't get to fully meet the others before our fight. There's still a few girls left who you haven't met, so feel free to start whenever, okay? After you do that, allow Amalia to bring you in our incoming meeting."

I loudly click my tongue as I fall on my bed, the mattress puffing upon contact, "Why do I have to be there? The last thing I'd wanna do is work for you." I lift my head up slightly to glare at her, arms crossed to make my anger noticed.

Prunella doesn't falter under my glare, chuckling instead, "It's just a few secret tasks that I wish for you to do for me. That's all. Have a good morning~!" She starts slurping her coffee again with her other hand in her pajama pocket, strutting off as her slurps descend down the hallway into quieter slurps. I turn around to look out my balcony, watching her walk down the swirly stairs as I spot Violetta reading a magazine on the couch.

Who the hell even reads magazines? Old fucks, obviously. Actually now that I think about it, how old are these girls? Maybe I should ask Lalia or Amalia. I'll ask them during breakfast.

***
[Y/N's POV]

I look at my empty plate as I rub my small food baby, throwing my head back with a satisfied sigh, "You're one helluva cook, Lalia. Besides my Mom, I don't think I've ever found myself wanting to eat anyones food twenty-four-seven."

Dapping the corners her lips with a napkin, Lalia giggles with a sincere smile, "I'm glad you like it (Y/N)! I'd be happy to provide more personal meals for you in the future."

Amalia props her elbow on the table, resting her jaw on her palm as she faces toward Lalia who sat at the edge next to me, "How come you never make us personal meals, huh?"

Lalia puts her napkin down, copying the same position as Amalia with a grin, "Well, that's because (Y/N) here is a special case. And after all he's been through, I think he deserves personal meals!"

Amalia sighs, putting her hand back down as she looks at her empty food plate, "You're gonna make the boy too dependent on you if you keep spoiling him. At least give (Y/N) chances to provide for himself."

Lalia laughs nervously as she leans on her seat, "Aha... I suppose you're right. Still though, we have to take care of him. We can't have him being unmotivated for what he's gonna do."