Chapter 2 - Chaos Ensued

[Y/N's POV]

My hair drips wet as I waddle out of the bathroom. I grab my towel, wrapping it around my head like it was a ninja mask. I lift it down so that my nostrils can breath, grabbing my phone afterwards. Perhaps I could find some quick information about dreams? Specifically dreams about soldiers.

I type in the words: 'Soldiers in dream,' impatiently waiting for my results as I bounce my leg. The annoying-blue loading circle irritates me until it finally loads the answers.

A mob of random articles and sources come up, some completely irrelevant to my question. I wish it were easy to find answers right away...

I click on a link that seemed the most relevant, skimming through it until good information passes by my subconscious.

Nothing... nothing but a wall of words is all I can see. Curse my own curiosity, but I need to find answers. Why the hell was that dream so vivid?! I don't understand, why would I dream about that?

Perhaps it was a stress dream? No, it can't be that simple. Plus, I wasn't even stressed before I had that dream!

A sudden knock at my door nearly knocks me off my feet. I struggle to wrap my towel around my naked legs, putting on the nearest shirt on afterwards.

"Who's there?!" I shout at my door.

The silence hovers around like a ghost. The door opens slowly, allowing whoever was on the other side to peak through. It's Mom.

Her expression takes on a much more pale tone, contradicting her usual brightness. "Care to come out of your room now, (Y/N)? We're waiting for you."

I narrow my eyes as I observe her body language closely. Why is she hiding half of herself behind my door? She looks really scary staring at me like that...

"Be there in a minute," I manage to choke out. I honestly can't tell if I've always had a fear of angering my mother, or my subconscious is just not used to this behavior from her.

She nods, slowly closing my door again.

"That was weird," I mumble to myself.

***
[Y/N's POV]

I approach the front door, hearing all the hearty laughs and Christmas rap in the background. I twist the door knob, pushing the door open as I make way. Everyone in our garage turns their heads, staring at me with grins and smiles. Some lifted their drinks up at me, nodding and cheering as if I were some celebrity on the red carpet.

This is a weird day today!...

I approach my Dad who was hanging next to an open trunk. He held a proud smile on his face, patting me on the head.

"Why do you look like that?" I ask bluntly.

He scrunches his eyebrows, tilting his head. "Come again? What do you mean?"

I point to his smile, "Like that. There's literally no reason to smile like that!"

Before I could ramble on more, I feel a hand rub on my back. I turn around, seeing that it's Mom who is still maintaining a glum look.