Chapter 7 - Prove You're The Alpha

A/N: Writing fight scenes is something I immensely struggle with in writing. So the combat in here might be a bit dry. Apologies for that.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————
[Y/N's POV]

"The exercise has now begun: start."

The grass blades crunch as the foot of the 05 woman rapidly charge forward, their weapons activating with a loud hum, resembling the sound of a light saber.

My heart sinks to the ground as a barrage of strategies flood into my head, a sudden audio of Prunella saying a word with an echo that plays in my head; 'curiosity... curiosity...'

Shit, I need to make myself curious to activate my abilities, but how?!

I jerk my head up as I see Violetta slice down a tree with her roundhouse kick alone, the tree collapsing to the side as excess smog fills the area as she seemingly teleports to other trees, repeating the same kicking motion that only half-blinded my vision with the dirt smog. She's trying to make it difficult for me to travel. How the fuck was she able to knock down a tree with just a simple fucking kick?!

I sprint away to the other side, my loud footsteps crunching on the rocky ground, soon silencing abruptly as I move into the more grassy terrain with large trees to use as cover. My nose burns up a bit as I quickly smoosh the area between my nose and upper lip, the burning sensation going away in my nostrils.

For some unknown reason, pushing on the area between my nose and upper lip cancels a sneeze.

I could use my shirt as a mask? I'll be easy to put a cut on yet this smoke will cause me to sneeze and reveal my position. I'll just suck in any injuries I take.

I pull my shirt off quickly, placing it sideways as I wrap it around my nose and mouth, tying it back with the best of my ability. It feels a bit loose, but I think it can survive.

Let's see... trees? I'll go for navigating through the trees. Let's hope this works.

I position myself under a branch, crouching down for a boost as I hop up, my hands and forearms easily wrapping around the thick branch as I heave myself upward, crawling backwards to lean on the other branches like I'm Spider-Man.

I can't use my smell to navigate. The dirt smoke is covering everything up. I can't wait for it to vanish, I'll just be wasting time. Ignore the fact that I'm wasting my time by thinking to myself right now.

I let out a quiet sigh as I hang on one of the branches with my right arm, left arm dangling like I'm a chimpanzee. Shit, I just realized it got quiet all of a sudden.

Someone's making plans, clearly. It's most likely Prunella, given that it Lalia nicknamed her Miss Alpha once. Then again, that could just be a nickname.

I hop on the other tree near me, my shoes almost scrapping off as I tilt back, my hand quickly wrapping around another branch before I could fall. My back hovers high above the ground as my heart races at the fall drop, legs stuck on the side of the branch thanks to my other hand that's holding myself with another branch.

I breath shakily as I pull myself up with a grunt, hugging another large branch to keep myself from falling. Hold on, I could check the border, maybe I could—

I silence myself abruptly as I hear grass crunching footsteps in the distance. The crunching becomes louder as I move back within the shadows of covers from the leaves, repressing my heavy breaths as I see Amalia pop out from behind a nearby tree. Her blue hair is tied back in a simple ponytail, her blazer unbuttoned and her white collar shirt a tad dirty from the dirt smoke.