Chapter 11 - Geared up

[Y/N's POV]

"Oh snooooop doooog~! I heard from Prunella that she wanted someone to train you~!" It's Sadie who comes into my room after saying that amorous line.

She sits down on my bed next to me as Lalia leans on the door knob, giving Sadie a questioning look. Sadie pays no attention to her as she continues her mysterious antics,

"So, (Y/N)," Sadie begins her sentence, pressing all of her finger tips together like a fancy person, "Special mail from Prunella~! We're gonna be training you for future missions!"

Lalia rests her chin on a fist while her other arm hugs her waist, "And what does that mean for him?"

Sadie turns to Lalia with a smile that was the right balance innocent and psycho, "That means from Prunella's authority, (Y/N) is now an official asset and employee to The S.C.P. Foundation!"

"Oh," I say while I look at my feet, shoving my toes in the carpet. "Okay then, I guess."

Sadie makes an adorable curious face while putting her finger down, "Oh? I thought you'd be more distraught by that fact."

I stick my pinky in my ear as I scoop excess wax out, "You guys already implied that I'd be used as a right-hand-man. In fact, I think you guys told me already. I'm just trying to cope is all."

Lalia looks at me with a sad face, "Denying your fear isn't exactly the best coping mechanism (Y/N)."

"What?" I look back at her as she looks down at her feet.

"Nothing, nothing," Lalia shakes her sentence off. "I change my mind. Denying your fear in your situation is useful... I guess."

Is she scared of me? I face my torso to her, "Thanks for the advice!" I face myself back to Sadie, "I think I'll pass on your training, Sadie. Let me have at least one break until the next set of hell. Maybe tomorrow I will."

Sadie tilts her head, smiling genuinely this time, "So are we cool now or what?"

I shake my head, sitting my head on my pillow, "No, not yet. You have to reach a certain criteria for me to at least be friends with you. Keep in mind, you're all the last people I'd wanna be friends with, but given my situation, it seems I don't have a choice."

Sadie's genuine smiles forms into a sneaky grin. She scoots up to me while wiggling her fingers that threatened to tickle me, "Ooooh~, so you're challenging me~? Bring it on Snoop Dog! I'll charm you so hard that you'll have no choice but to be my best friend!"

"Uh, what?" I laugh while raising a brow at her choice of words.

***
[Y/N's POV]

"On your right! On your right!"

"He's one shot! He's one shot!" I recognize Sadie's voice from behind Jennifer's door.

I ignore their competitive game as I walk to my room with a cold bottle of water in my grasp. I sit down on my bed, opening the water as I gulp down a few ounces, finishing with a satisfied sigh as I put the cap back on.