Steel My Soul

BLURB

When Indigo Maxwell is diagnosed with leukaemia, she comes to terms that she would die a slow death. What she refuses to acknowledge, though, are the anonymous letters she has been receiving during the weeks before her diagnosis, taunting her and making her wonder who was idiotic enough to do so. No one other than Chancey De Loughrey, her estranged best friend, would be capable of doing something like this, but she doubts it. He's talking to her now, face to face, after a few years of avoidance. He wouldn't be taunting her through paper notes every day, would he? No, Indigo didn't think so.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hello, friends :)

this is book 3 of the Written Love Series but can be read as a stand alone as it is a 'short story'/ 'novella,' but if you chose to read this first and then go into the other books, this will contain spoilers.

prepare for broken hearts.

but it's okay because there will be a bittersweet ending.

if you enjoy having your heart ripped out, pls continue. if not, continue anyway bc what is life without death?

please note that you are loved. despite what life has given to you, and despite the harshness of humanity, you are worth fighting for.

your life has a purpose.

i'm here to talk if anyone needs <3

also IMPORTANT!!!

in each chapter, the end has a part for letters, which are not given to Indigo during the actual chapters.

so, basically, it goes like this:

chapter of what's happening in indigo's life...

she reads paper notes from her locker, and banter with Chancey, and tries to figure out what the hell is happening...

or story is written in Chancey's point of view...

then separator

and letter is written here...

but Indigo is unaware of the letters written by chancey until...(I will not spoil hehe)

hope that makes sense !!

WARNINGS

character death

strong language

disheartening thoughts

attempts of self harm

again, broken hearts

a far warning, Indigo may come off as bitchy but she's only trying to protect her heart. be patient with her <3

EPIGRAPH

"If this is my last night with you

Hold me like I'm more than just a friend."

all i ask | adele

DEDICATION

to those who are existing and not living.

you got this. time will heal, and when it does, have the best adventure of your life.

tell the people special to you that you love them. you never know how quick time will snatch them away from you.

 <3

PLAYLIST

drafted: jan/feb. 2022

published: 19 may 2022

finished: