04 | Heart

C H A N C E Y

Of course, I expected her to walk away from me, but it still hurt.

I couldn't do much but watch her walk away with Adara, the girl who was friends with Serenity and Dawn. Serenity equals Gabriel and Gabriel equals Adara, and hopefully, Adara equals Indigo.

I had a chance.

"Where's your cousin going?"

Gabriel almost jumped at my voice as he closed his locker.

"You're worse than Nicandro sometimes, and that says something," He murmured under his breath, but I ignored it.

"Where?" I pressed.

"Excuse me?" Then he processed what I was saying and turned his entire body to face me. "Wouldn't you like to know, weather boy?"

"Okay," Raising my palms to face him, I defended myself. "I'm not asking for her, I'm just asking to sedate my curiosity."

"And violently, obsessive desires to know where Indigo is going?" Gabriel picked his bag up from the ground and flung it over his shoulders.

"Relax, it's not like you don't feel the same for Serenity," I swung my arms around Gabriel's shoulders.

He tensed for a few seconds before sighing, shaking his head in disbelief.

"That is not correct, actually," His voice was a little higher than usual, and I smirked at his lies. "We are just acquaintances now, I guess."

"Mhm, I can see where your heart is at," I smacked the back of his head softly, and he ducked as if he had been attacked there a million times.

Gabriel clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"Wallah, I think you need help, man," He pushed my hand off him and moved a few steps away from me.

"What the fuck did I do?" I gave him a pointed look.

His answer was cut short when he spotted his best friends. Gabriel offered me a small smile before jogging off to Nicandro and Zion. Their other friend River was standing beside them, his eyes on someone I didn't bother paying attention to.

Because my eyes landed on Dawn Robbins, standing at the other end of the hallway. A sly smirk formed on my lips when I realised she could lead me to some answers. I made my way up to her and paused when she lifted her head from her phone and leaned against the lockers behind her.

"Uh, can I help you?" Her light brown eyes raked my frame curiously.

Sighing deeply, I tried to keep any bit of patience I had left in me.

"Yes, Dawn, you can," I blinked at her.

She blinked back, expecting an answer.

"You're friends with Adara," I stated.

"And Serenity," She shut her phone off and folded her arms around her chest.

"And most likely Indigo," I raised my eyebrows, tilting my head downward, hoping she would understand where I was going.

Dawn paused, and I watched as her brown bangs flickered around her forehead as she blinked a few times.

"I see," Her slightly raspy voice speculated.