Chapter 21

Eren says angrily, looking down on my face and then shifting his gaze behind me. From behind me, I hear Jean mutter a curse. Eren's eyes widen and he lets go of me, grabbing Jeans collar.

"Do you have a death wish, you asshole?" He says through gritted teeth and Jean laughs in his face. No matter how drunk I was, Eren's face somehow sobered me up a little.

"S-Stop..." I weakly grab his arm. Eren pushes Jean back, as the drunk guy stumbles. I groan as I felt a sharp pain in my stomach, placing my hand over it and crouching down a little. Eren turns around to me and puts his hand on my back.

"We're not done with this." I hear him say to Jean before he picks me up in bridal style and enters the apartment, shutting the doors close with his leg. I was breathing heavily, closing my eyes tightly. I felt Eren was still carrying me, but I couldn't figure out where.

"Shit, Y/N, how much did you drink? And did you smoke? Your breath stinks" Eren's words were echoing in my head, and it was hard to focus. Just when I felt everything going up my throat, Eren placed me down, in front of a toilet. I threw up, luckily in the toilet, and I felt the pain in my stomach slightly going away. Eren gathered my hair that was all over my face and held it behind, meanwhile I was throwing up my insides. My throat was burning, and my vision was blurry because of the tears that were gathering in my eyes. When I was finally done, or at least I thought I was, Eren was rubbing my back in order to help me relax, saying some words of confrontation.

"It... hurts..." My throat was sore and I couldn't speak louder than a whisper. My stomach still felt upset too, and I felt the remaining alcohol inside of me. I wanted to throw it all up, but was somehow unable to, feeling weak. I got a sudden sharp pain in my stomach, so I cried out. Eren suddenly grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him.

"Everything has to go out, okay?" With that, he pushed his fingers in my mouth and down my throat, triggering my gag reflex. He pulls his hand out and I throw up again. Eren stands up slightly, still holding my hair with one hand, while his other one grabbed a towel and wet it with warm water. When I was done, he wipes away my face and chin. Corners of my lips were hurting so bad because they were so dry, I thought they would tear up. Eren holds the warm towel on my face for a little and then takes it away. He picked me up carefully and brought me to his room on the bed. He gave me his shirt to change into and left the room. He came back with a bottle of water that I gulp down in 30 seconds, ignoring my sore throat. I sigh as Eren takes the empty bottle and throws it in the trash. He puts a blanket over my body and sits down beside me.

"Are you okay? If you need something, say it." I sensed some distant coldness in his voice, and it almost made me cry.

"You... I need you..." I say quietly and Eren looks me in the eyes, not saying anything.

"I thought... you liked me..." I close my eyes and speak quietly. I wasn't in control of what was coming out of my mouth. I didn't know if I should mention anything, but if I do, I can just blame it on alcohol. Even if everything I drank today went down the toilet a few minutes ago.

"And I liked you, Eren.. so much... But you don't want me..." Only my weak voice was heard, and I didn't dare to open my eyes and face him. I knew he listened, as he was right next to me, not making a single sound.

"But I understand if that's your decision." I try to sound confident, and I finally open my eyes. He was staring at my face, and I was kind of ashamed, thinking about how I look like right now.

"I..." He didn't know what to say, so he looked down. He looked tired, as if he didn't sleep at all. It was late at night, or should I say early in the morning, but still - he was different.