Chapter 40

TWO WEEKS LATER

I sigh heavily, adjusting my bag on my shoulder as I was just done with my last class for the day. Yes, I'm finally attending again and so far everything is going great.

For the past week I've been studying like crazy, trying to catch up with everything and prepare for upcoming exams. I was staying at library until late hours and then took a taxi home. Not my ideal type of living, but I liked most of my subjects so doing all that work wasn't so terrible.

Today is Friday, that means no studying for me. I walked towards the parking lot, where a car was awaiting for me. Smiling to myself, I opened the door once I got there and drop my body down on the seat.

"Hey beautiful" Says Eren, a wide smile on his face. He leaned in closer, placing his hand on my jawline as he kissed me.
He was looking casual since he just got off from practice.

"Hi, how are you feeling?" I make myself more comfortable in the seat and he turns on the engine. Today's game night, but Eren didn't seem nervous at all.

"Usual. Tonight's easy win, the team we're playing against is easy, there should be no problems." He says confident, staring at the road in front of him.

At the same time my phone beeps, a new message appears on my screen.

"Armin won't make it?" I say out loud when I read his text he just sent me.

"He wasn't feeling that well this morning, so no, but he said Elijah's going. By the way, that guy seems weird... Does he bother you?" Eren says suspiciously and I couldn't hold back a chuckle.

"Not at all, us two have a great time checking guys out together" His head snaps in my direction at the speed of light.

"I only have eyes on one, of course" I bite my lip and place my hand on his tight, giving it a small squeeze. He shakes his head and turns back to look at the front.

My phone lights up again, this time someone was calling me. I pick up without looking at the caller, and the voice on the other side surprised me, since I haven't heard from him in a while. I look over to Eren, hesitant on whether or not I should speak to him.

"Y/N! How are you? I was wondering if you have any plans for tonight, we should see each other" Jean speaks excitedly and I lower down the volume.

"Hey... I'm busy, sorry..." I saw Eren eying me, curious to know who was calling me.

"Really? What are you doing? We can meet up earlier if that's better" He insisted and I mentally slap myself. I shouldn't have answered, and it feels even more bad having to turn him down. My eyes met with Eren's and he raised his eyebrows, wondering why I was quiet.

"Um... Not free now either..." I look away from Eren, but he suddenly takes my phone and leans it to his ear.

"Oh come on, can't you make time for me?" Both of us heard Jean's voice, and Eren's eyes pierced through me when he realized who was it. I saw his hand clenching around my phone, ready to give Jean a not so pleasant surprise.

"You f*cking idiot" Eren sounded angry, and I was not looking forward to explaining how he even has my number.
I couldn't hear Jean's reaction, but he must've been speaking as Eren was quiet.

"If I see you even look at her tonight, I'll be running towards you to dig your eyes out" I gulp, hearing him talk so sharply. What did he mean by 'tonight'? Is Jean going to watch the game? Why would he, even?

"For your own good, listen to me" Were the  last words he said before ending the call. I look over to him and see him clenching his jaw, typing something on my phone.