Chapter 32

Before she said anything, she pulled me into her embrace, hugging me tightly.

"I always knew that bitch was crazy!" She said and then I realized what this was about. I awkwardly hug her back before we both separate. I was guessing Eren told her about what happened, so she must've been worried.

"Let's go outside, we won't hear each other here" She said and we walked outside, Armin following behind. We sat on one of the tables there and Mikasa started talking again.

"How are you holding up? Is Eren being a pain in the ass? He is so worried Y/N.. I never saw him like that." I chuckled a little as I listen to her talking about Eren. They knew each other for so long, and apparently Eren caring for someone is a new thing.

"He's really helpful, I really appreciate him being there for me" Mikasa nodded as she had a sweet smile on her face. Still, her eyes were holding a hint of sadness in them.

"What are you even doing here Mikasa? You don't even like fast food" Armin adds, looking suspiciously at the dark haired girl.
She rolls her eyes in annoyance and groans, answering him.

"That idiot Jean had to use the bathroom" She shows with her head at Jean who was now walking towards our table. His gaze falls on me and he fastened his pace to us.
When he came closer to us, his hand landed on my shoulder as he was looking down at me.

"I'm glad to see you, finally" By the look in his eyes, he knew what happened too, but just didn't bother with the 'are you okay' question. It was pretty obvious, I was doing fine now. Jean sat down and all of us chatted together, catching up. I got to get to know Mikasa a little better, and I got reminded of what it was like talking to Jean. Everyone it this group was so easy going, well, except Mikasa who sometimes glared or got angry at Jean, but I found that was her personality. It seems everyone was enjoying each other's company, so we decided to make a group chat to make plans sometimes.

It was already around 5 PM when we separated and Armin and I were heading home. I was so much better, happier, after hanging out with all of them. I was looking forward to going out with them, and I thought about if Eren will come along. That brings me to my question, why was Mikasa with Jean? I thought Eren hated him? Then again, would Mikasa go out with him if she knew Eren can't stand him? Maybe things between the two guys changed, and maybe Eren doesn't want to slash his throat anymore. All of my thoughts kept me busy, and before I realized we were in front of our building.

"I actually have something to do, so I'm leaving you here" Armin turned around and said. I just nodd and we say goodbye to each other. My feet carried my body to my apartment, and I was already tired walking up the stairs. As I was getting closer, I heard voices on the hallway, so I take a few more steps before stopping and listening to the conversation. The reason of my eavesdropping was a familiar voice that spoke.

"I said I won't, now go away." His voice echoed through the empty and quiet hall, and others let out a couple of sighs.

"You know we need you, so why don't you get your sh*t together and just play the f*cking game"

Oh no... Is this what I think it is? I hear another voice saying the words to calm down the situation, but that didn't help at all. I didn't know what should I do, do I show myself in hopes this would stop, or do I let the situation flow. That could obviously lead to a fight, but still.. it's not my business, and I'm sure Eren can take care of himself.

"Eren, just this one game, please... You don't even have to play it all, just until we're in lead enough so we win" A much laid back voice said, but it seemed like it wasn't enough to convince Eren.

"What the hell? Are you guys kids? I'm not playing, and that's it." The rattling sound of keys was heard, I assumed Eren was ready to leave them standing outside.