Chapter 36

I must admit, I almost laughed when he said it. I thought he was joking, but seeing his serious expression, I knew he wasn't. My hand that was on his shoulder slides down as I was still processing what he said. Him... and... her... together...?

It sounded not only funny, but unreal. Armin, who is one of the nicest guys I have ever met, and Judy, who is the complete opposite of him. These two dated? I was frozen in my place, I had no idea what am I supposed to say right now.
Armin sees how I'm at loss of words, and continues to speak.

"It was when we were first year college... And I swear to you-" He tried to explain, but the questions in me started growing.

"Judy? The girl who is known to sleep around with every guy she can? The girl who is completely obsessed with Eren? So obsessed with him, that she started attacking me for talking to him? That went out of her way to 'hire', I repeat, HIRE, a guy so he could sexually assault me?" My voice was getting louder and louder with every sentence, and I could see Armin's worried eyes. I was feeling frustrated and angry, but at the same time, sad and betrayed.

"We loved each other..." I scoffed at his words. He didn't dare to look at me again.

"I thought you were smart, Armin" I said, hurt evident in my voice. Before he could say anything else, I turned around to walk away, but he caught my wrist.

"Eren doesn't know, no one does" I look back at him with a disgusted face, and pull away from his hold. This was his way of telling me "Don't tell this to anyone".

"I can't even look at you" Was the last thing I said before finally walking away from him.

I didn't know why this has hurt me so much, but it did. I walk through the dark hall to enter the lively stadium. When I came back to my seat, Elijah and Brad noticed my mood but asked no questions. The players were now closer to us, standing in a circle with their coach in the middle, screaming some instructions and what not. I saw Eren look up, and his eyes met mine. I gave him a small smile trying to ignore how I was feeling. He nods and turns his attention back to the coach.

Soon, I heard a loud noise speak through the speakers, announcing the game will begin soon. He named all players by their team, name and number, while they smiled proudly and waved at the camera. The last one to be announced was Eren, and they show him on a big screen. He looked beyond beautiful right now, his smile wasn't able to leave his face. His sparkly eyes were filled with fire as he made eye contact with the camera.

I could hear girls screaming and yelling like crazy. Eren waved to everyone and then looked my way, pointing towards me and showing his famous wink. I felt my cheeks heat up as I shyly give him a supporting thumbs up.

The announcer introduced the coaches as well and I could see two older men walking to each other and clasping their hands into a firm handshake. Everything was like normal, and I was getting really excited to see how it goes. I tried to put the situation with Armin at the back of my head, and it was easier than I thought it would be - Elijah was making stupid jokes, to what Brad would reply with a simple "Shut up." That led to their short arguments that were just so silly and funny.

20 minutes into the game, Armin showed up. He sat down next to me, but I didn't even look his way. Our team was leading the game, and the atmosphere was great.
"Y/N, mind telling us what that look from our captain was about?" Elijah was smiling eerily, raising his eyebrows non-stop.

"What do you mean?" I stuffed my mouth with popcorn and he gave me a side eye.

"You know what I mean, now tell me, what are you hiding, young lady?" Again with that nick name. He called my like that for almost 10th time tonight. When I told him my age, he realized he was 2 months older, and now he just can't stop.