Chapter 27

NEXT MORNING

My alarm goes off at 6 am, and I flinched at the sound. I turn if off quickly, remembering Eren was sleeping. The room was still dark, only a faint light from the kitchen was on, we probably forgot to turn it off yesterday. Eren was in his deep sleep the whole time and now I didn't know if I should wake him up or not.

I slowly get up to go to my bathroom, when a hand grabs my wrist. I look back, and sure enough, Eren was awake, holding my wrist. His eyes were half closed though, and his grip was delicate.

"Where are you going?" He says with a raspy voice, lowering his head back into the pillow.

"First day of college, remember?" I spoke quietly as I try to shake off the tiredness that I was feeling. Great. My plan to be fresh for the first day is already failing.

"Don't go..." His hands leaves my wrist and takes a hold of my palm. He brings it up to his face and gives it a kiss. I sigh and look at him, knowing his request wasn't possible.

"You know that I have to go" He groans and finally sits up to meet my eyes. I doubt he had any strength to be annoyed right now, so I wasn't worried about that.

"You can stay here and sleep, if you want."  I get up and say, still not being able to talk normally so I was kind of whispering. If I continue to just sit here, I'll be late, and I definitely didn't want that. Considering the way I'm going, it'll take extra 15 minutes to the campus than it would usually.

"I will drive you there." He says the thing I knew he would, as always. I take a deep breath to get ready to reply.

"No thank you. You should rest more. Now excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom." I leave the room and close the door behind me. There's no way I would let him drive. Maybe if we were on better terms, yes, but now that it's all confusing, it might be better I go on my own. In the bathroom I take a quick shower and put on clothes I prepared yesterday. I get ready quickly, since I wanted to have time for a quick breakfast. When I opened the bathroom door, I saw Eren leaning against a wall next to me.

"I'm taking you there, seriously." Was the first thing he said as I walk past him. I look at the watch and it was 6:40, so I still had 20 minutes before leaving. I open my fridge and take out some fruits that I cut up previously. As I bite down on the apple piece, I saw Eren staring at me. This guy has attitude, even so early in the morning.

"I didn't buy a train ticket in vain, I don't want my money to go to waste." I didn't care that much of course, but I had to see if it would work. Surprise, ... it didn't.

"A few dollars won't end your life, so you'll be fine." He says and gets closer to me. He looks at me up and down, scanning my outfit. Stop it, you freak.

"Just so you know, I would get closer and make you all nervous, but my breath stinks right now." He says and I roll my eyes. Pff, me, nervous, because of him... That sounds... like a total.... truth.

"But, Y/N, let me take you just today... As I payback for making me fall asleep." My eyes softened at his words. Crap, he really knows what to say, huh.

.

Eren did end up driving me to campus after he got ready, and we had extra time to stop by a bakery to get something to eat. It was 7:48 AM and we arrived just on time. I unfastened my seat belt and checked in my bag if I had everything with me. I look at my left at Eren, who was again, already watching me.

"What?" I ask and look at myself in the small mirror, thinking something was on my face or clothes.

"Will you get even more smarter now? Damn, you'll be a pain in the ass" He shook his head and acted like he was really worried. Just when I thought he would say something serious...

I repress the urge to hit the back of his head and just open the doors to leave.

"I finish in five hours" I say to him, answering his question from earlier. He said he will pick me up when I'm done, and then we can have lunch before my shift at the cafe.

"You would finish a lot faster if you were with me" My eyes widen as I look at him in surprise. Eren gave me a smirk and I almost saw the back of my head, that's how hard I rolled my eyes. If he'll be like that every time he gets enough sleep, I won't let him sleep. At all.

"How old are you again?" I say and step out from the car as he laughs.

"Break a leg, Y/N" He turned on the car again as I close the door. A few seconds after, his car window lowered down, revealing his, I must admit every time, handsome face.

"If anyone messes with you, you tell me, got it?" He sounded serious, and I frowned.

"This is not high school, Eren. I'm pretty sure no one will care about me." I say and adjust the strap of my bag on my shoulder.

"People can be childish and stupid, no matter what age or how smart they are." He said suspiciously, and I felt like he was hiding something from me. I look at my wrist watch, and I was already late, so I just said my goodbye to him and quickly walked to the entrance. I was still amazed at how big and beautiful everything was, so I made sure to look around while walking.

"Y/N!" I hear a familiar voice and look behind me.

"Armin, hey! Nice to see you!" We hug each other and I pull away when I notice he wasn't alone. There was a group of guys behind him, and one guy was quite familiar to me. I just couldn't put a finger on how I know him.

"Are you lost? I don't have any classes now so I can help you with finding anything" Armin's voice sounded light and nice as always, and it just makes you smile when you hear the sound of it.

"Thank you, I'll manage. I'm actually already kind of late to introduction class, so I have to leave" I say awkwardly. Armin takes my schedule that I printed out and held in my hands and looks at it carefully.

"Oh, that professor is cool, you don't need to worry it you are late for his class. Anyway, you have my number, so if you need anything, just call me" He waved at me walked away, and I smiled. I turned around, and I bumped into a person.

The smell of a really sweet perfume entered my nose, and it was so much it actually burned my nostrils. It turns out ot was a girl, however she didn't seem to care enough to turn around and say anything. She just continued on walking, but the longer I was watching her, the more familiar she became. She came closer to Armin's group and hugged the boy that was familiar to me too, and I could see her face for a second. Honestly, even that was too much.

~No way... Is that even possible... why would she hang out in a group with Armin...~ I thought, still so shocked. I get myself together and walk away, finding a way to my scheduled room.

That guy was Eren's teammate... and the girl is none other than... Judy.