Chapter 22

Armin sat on the opposite of me, quietly looking around my apartment. It was obvious he wanted to talk, but didn't know how to start.

"How are you doing these days? We didn't really talk that much..." His eyes find mine as he gives me a small smile. I sigh and press my lips together.

"You know, work and... stuff" I didn't know what else to say, and I for sure didn't want to talk about his roommate. Although, I have a feeling the reason why he is here is exactly that.

"Have you talked to Eren? He hasn't been himself last week" He sounded worried. Did he not know what happened between us? That Eren broke up with me?

"He basically ended it with me, but I doubt that has anything to do with it." I try to sound careless, and Armin's eyes widen at my words. I didn't want him to get involved, or talk to Eren, but I understood he was worried about him.

"What!? How!? When??" Questions flew out of his mouth and I looked down to my hands. He cleared his throat and calmed down before speaking again.

"I'm sorry..." Hearing him say that, everything felt real. I tried to not think about it, I was keeping myself busy with other thoughts, and now everything came back. Armin's words weren't meaningless- you know how people say sorry just because, but he really did mean it. I could hear the sad tone in his voice, like he was disappointed.

"I'm going to kill him! I told him not to hurt you!" He got up and I look at him in surprise. I follow him and grab his arm to stop him.

"Armin!" He turns around and looks down at me.

"It's not your place to get involved, please... Eren and I are fine" I lie to him, and his shoulders relax. He turns his whole body to me, and wraps his arms around me. My head was pressed against his chest, as he held me tight. I promised myself I wouldn't cry again, but right now I was fighting my tears with all my strength. I was weak when it came to Eren, the thought of us being separated always made my eyes tear up.

"Eren liked you so much..." It sounded more as if he was talking to himself, trying to understand the situation. I pull away from him and smile.

"I'm feeling pretty tired, do you mind if we talk tomorrow?" Armin bites his lips and nods, tapping my shoulder comfortingly. He turns around and leaves, leaving me standing there alone.

ARMIN'S POV

I shut the door close and stop, my face scrunched up in confusion. Eren had some explaining to do. As much as I didn't want to get involved in his stuff, he obviously needs help. Entering our shared apartment, everything was in the dark. My hand searched for a light switch on the wall, and when I find it, our place finally lights up. I see his room door was closed, and not waiting any time, I take off my shoes before I barged into his room.

It was dark there too, but I saw his silhouette laying in his bed. I roll my eyes and intentionally turn on the lights.

"I know you're not sleeping" I walk to his bed and watch his back moving up and down.

"Well, I was" He turns around to face me, his face emotionless, pale and tired. Just like it was before.

"Will you tell me what happened?" I sit down next to his legs and he lifts his body into a sitting position. He gives me a questioning look, before realizing.

"Why do you act like my mom again?" He says annoyed and gets up. He opens his closet and pretends to look at it, before taking some clothes out.

"Why did you break up with her? The only good thing in your life and you cut it off" He sends me a glare that would usually scare someone, but I pretty much didn't care, I was used to it.

"Armin, you seriously need to stop getting involved in my business." Eren was changing his clothes as he talked. He was about to leave when I get up fast and shut the door, stepping in between. He looks at me and I blankly stare at him.

"What the hell dude? You're more invested in this than I am. Might as well date her while you're at it, huh?" Eren was speaking nonsense, and that's when I noticed his pupils. My eyes widen in surprise as Eren smirked.

"Eren" I didn't take my eyes off of him.
He tried to walk past me, but again, I step in front of him.

"Who the fuck gave you drugs? Are you crazy?" I push him away a little, and he laughs. I look around his room, and there was a small plastic zip bag on his nightstand.

"Is that really important?" Eren sits down on the edge of his bed. This is bad, he didn't take drugs for so long, and now he was back to his old habits.

"I'm not made for that relationship stuff, dude. I think it's good I realized before it was too late. Now she can move on, and I can continue on living my normal life, advancing in my career."

"Do you call this advancing in your carrier? What was on your mind when you were taking these drugs, Eren?" I say angry at him. He was quiet, sitting there in silence.

"This is my choice, Armin." He gets up and walks to me again.

"I don't care if it's not a good one." He walks past me, and this time, I don't stop him. I let him leave the apartment, which I probably shouldn't, but I just couldn't move. I was getting scared, because I didn't know what to do. I saw it deep in his eyes, he was sad and sorry. But, like a coward he is, he is ignoring all his feelings, just so he could have it easier. I take a deep breath, my hand rubbing my tired eyes. I couldn't just stand there and wait for him to ruin everything for himself. I take out my phone and search deep in my contacts. I finally found the number I was looking for, and I press call. If one person knew where Eren is going, it's definitely her.