𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

[chapter title: harmless flirting]
[word count: 2400]

[chapter title: harmless flirting][word count: 2400]

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Before she dropped you off at Karasuno, Saeko made plans to go shopping with you after practice. She did that for two reasons; First of all, she wanted to cheer you up after whatever happened to kill your mood before dinner last night. Secondly, you couldn't keep borrowing her stuff, you needed to buy a few items of your own.

"Have fun at practice, (y/n)!" She waved you off, "Thanks. Bye Saeko. Drive safe." You urged the last sentence and she laughed, then she drove away.

You walked into the gymnasium right on time for practice to start. Kiyoko welcomed you to your second day as manager.

"Are you excited?" Yachi asked.

"Yeah." You smiled at her. Her open enthusiasm for the team was rather heartwarming.

Takeda started practice by explaining what the next hours would entail while Ukai stood up front with him. Ukai explained how he got a game set up for them with the Karasuno Neighbourhood Association that would happen later in the week. Ukai saw how you seemed to be giving Takeda all of your focus and not him. Even when he gave his little speech before warmups, you looked anywhere BUT his direction.

The boys ran off to do their warmup jog leaving you, Takeda, Kiyoko, Yachi, and Ukai in the gym. You hadn't looked at Ukai once, in fact, it seemed like you were avoiding him. He couldn't take the cold treatment anymore. His guilt was eating him alive.

"(y/n), can I talk with you?" He asked, but it didn't feel like a question. You nodded your head and followed him outside.

"Look, I owe you an apology." He started.

"Go on."

"When you said you didn't know anyone here I took it personally. I know that you were just trying to protect both our jobs.. And reputations. I'm sorry. I was acting irrationally and being unfair to you last night. And honestly-"

"It's fine, you were right to act that way anyway.. Since we work together it'd be wrong to be any other way with each other, right? We probably should keep some distance." You said half heartedly.

"Uh.. right." He agreed hesitantly. He hated the disappointed feeling in his gut. It wasn't how he was expecting the conversation to go but ultimately you had a point.

"I'm gonna go meet up with Kiyoko and Yachi now." He just stared at you a little dumbfounded so you left. "Nobody said there's a rule against a little harmless flirting though." You thought to yourself deviously and held back a giggle. You couldn't help it when he looked like that and had that commanding presence.