𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

[chapter title: nervous]
[word count: 2100]
[a/n: dialogue heavy chapter , hope u don't mind >.<]

»»————    ♡ ————-««

»»———— ♡ ————-««

It was like fate had this way of pushing the two of you together.

He took a different route home as the radio announced traffic on the street he usually took to his apartment. Admiring the different buildings and whatnot on his detour, he considered taking the route more often, even though it would take him longer to get home. The alleyways were dark and the whole area seemed almost strangely quiet.

Then he saw you.

His protective side took over when he first saw you sitting on the sidewalk, and he did the right thing by pulling over and offering you a place to stay for the night.

Now, the situation was starting to hit him though.

You were in his apartment.

Under different circumstances, Ukai would approach the situation with a different attitude.
See, you were the first girl he had brought home since the day he met you at the bar. And how long ago was that? He wasn't counting, but it seemed like a really long time ago.

Naturally, he had some feelings about it.

With the sudden ' you being homeless ' circumstance though, seeing you in his apartment made him nervous. Nervous wasn't usually the feeling he got when he brought girls home. He didn't usually pick girls up from the side of the road either.

Actually.. Ever. You were the first and hopefully the only.

"Why didn't you tell me you didn't have anywhere to stay at work? You can't just sit out there like that," He started his lecture but cut himself short with a frustrated groan. Seeing you sit all pretty on his couch, he had no idea what was the right thing to do. Trust that he was praying you wouldn't break any rules or try to flirt with him because, shit, he was afraid he might just give in, if you did.
He continued his lecture, "And just because you're not officially on the team does not mean you can break any rules. You got that, kid?"

Though quiet from the car ride to his place, all the way up until this point, you sported a smirk on your face.

"Isn't bringing me into your apartment breaking a rule? You know what, what are the rules anyway? Can you list them out for me, Ukai?"

He pinched the bridge of his nose, "No it's not because I'm just keeping you safe, and no I can't list it all out. Just use your head." He said and flicked your forehead.