𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

[word count: 3.8k]

"Nobody's gonna suspect a thing, little sis

"Nobody's gonna suspect a thing, little sis."

"Don't lie," you messed with the collar of your volleyball jacket as you pouted slightly.

"I'm serious! It's a new look, that's all," Saeko patted you on the head before you headed for practice. "It's better than seeing the vampire marks on your neck, anyway."

"Let's hope everyone else sees it that way too," you said, rolling your eyes playfully at the way she labeled Keishin's markings. "New fashion statement from yours truly."

Safe to say, you were not exactly pulling off the turtleneck jacket with the zipper all the way zipped up. It did not look natural in the slightest. It was awkwardly long, hitting your chin and still curling a little bit from the length.

Of course, you thought about zipping it down enough that it didn't look so stiff and uncomfortable but still hid the bruises Keishin left. That was naturally your first move.

Though with your shitty luck, the zipper flew down anytime it wasn't hitched at the very end—zipped all the way up.

Stupid fucking zipper.

Though did you have any other choice but to put trust in the turtleneck? Not really. Wearing a scarf during volleyball practice would've definitely raised questions and any other method of covering up you could think of wasn't adequate. Not with the hue of deep purple Keishin left you with. It was almost concerning without context.

Saeko pulled the red lollipop out of her mouth to tell you, "I'm gonna pick you and Ryu up after practice, alright? There's this new restaurant I wanna try plus I don't wanna cook."

"Okay!" you nodded.

As you walked into practice Keishin looked at you a little funny, making it quite obvious that he was humored by your turtleneck. You narrowed your e/c eyes at him viciously and he got the message.

"Alright, let's get started," he clapped his hands at the boys, some of them groaning complaints about their sore muscles under their breath. "Come on! No slacking, we've got work to do!"

After about an hour of practice, you were starting to sweat—noticeably so. Enough to the point where Kiyoko had said gently, "You know, you don't have to wear that jacket if you don't want to. You're looking a bit feverish, Y/N," she grabbed your forearm, looking at your jacket and leaning in so only you could hear. The genuine concern in her voice made you feel guilty.

"No, no. I'm okay, really," you insisted, forcing a nervous laugh that made her brows quirk and her head tilt slightly to the side. She didn't believe you. She was worried, and it was becoming contagious to Yachi who started listening in.

"If you need some water or some ice..." Kiyoko's voice trailed off so as not to push too far but to give you some options. If you were sick, she wanted to help.