𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

[chapter title: good news]
[word count: 5900]

[chapter title: good news][word count: 5900]

»»————- ♡ ————-««

As soon as he was out of the store, Ukai had changed his energy. He was in control of the situation again instead of getting toyed with by you. You sat in the passenger seat of his car, holding your skirt below your palms. The streep lamps flickered through the windows while the small car seemed to shake with every minor bump or ridge on the road. Your mind raced thinking about the way Ukai's lips almost touched yours before you got interrupted. You reimagined the subtle way his tanned face blushed under your teasing touch.

You wished he would touch you like that, but he refrained from doing so. He refrained even while swerving slightly on the road as he took peeks at your short skirt and the soft skin of your thighs. While his eyes were down there he couldn't help but notice your fidgeting hands in your lap. When you put down your playful front, you were nervous about what the rest of the night held besides definite uncertainty.
Was he going to reciprocate your flirting and feelings or was he going to keep refraining?

"Why do you seem nervous? It's not like it's your first time staying over."

"You're right but still.."

"You need me to keep you company at night again?" He chuckled and you rolled your eyes silently hoping that he would spend time with you again. "I had no idea you were such a scaredy cat, (y/n)." He played further into the idea that you were scared of being alone in the dark of his room.

"Again, not need, but I'm not against it at all either." You said, careful not to be too forward as you were still waiting for his move. It was as though this was a game of chess and you were done with your play. It was his turn now. He hummed absently then turned on the radio to fill the silence. Ukai refused to make his move.

He pulled up in his driveway and parked but didn't get out.

"You feelin' alright, kid? You haven't said anything smart since we left the store. Usually you're filled with comebacks."

"Do you miss it or something?"

"No, no, not at all. You don't hear me complaining." He said and you weren't sure how to respond to that. Maybe you had gotten on his nerves one too many times, but hey it was fun, and despite his words, his red face when you teased him stated the contrary.

He still didn't make a move to get out of the car so it felt strange to do so, so you didn't. You stayed put and continued to flatten the pleats of your skirts. Your nervous body language was worrying him.