𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘴𝘪𝘹

[chapter title: for the best]
[word count: 1600]

[chapter title: for the best][word count: 1600]

»»————    ♡ ————-««

Day three as Karasuno's volleyball manager.

The next day at practice, you didn't talk to Coach Ukai at all. Didn't tease him, flirt with him, smirk at him, NOTHING. You were being a good girl and not flirting with your undeniably attractive coach. For Saeko's sake, for yours, and Ukai's. Admittedly, mostly just for Saeko though.

Coach didn't take it personal this time, because he also came into practice with a strong resolve to not flirt with you or see you in another type of way than as the team manager. Easier said than done, of course, but he made peace with that decision.

Yet, he was still confused on the contrast between how you were acting the day before, and now. He couldn't help but wonder what happened between now and the time he had last seen you.

Maybe the thought of getting in trouble finally got to your head for real.. And maybe that would be it for the two of you.

The day was bland, consisting of you doing your job, thinking about everything you've done with Ukai since you became manager and how disappointed Saeko would be with you if she found out. Occasionally you would give a longing glance to Ukai and sometimes he would catch you. You wanted to talk with him and smooth over any confusion from the last time you 'talked' but it didn't feel like there was a good time. Somewhere in your heart you also knew that you didn't just want to smooth things out.

Kiyoko and Yachi noticed your shift in mood but didn't mention it, instead they offered to buy you something from the vending machine but you declined politely.

Then day four rolled around just as unimpressively, but thankfully Saeko was finally starting to rid of the suspicions she had of you.

Coach was getting bored and restless without you to entertain him, and so were you without him. The now silent agreement the two of you had about acting strictly professional was taking its toll.

It was hard for the both of you just to pretend like nothing ever happened.

Sometimes he would throw little glances subconsciously and admired how effortlessly beautiful you looked. If he was being honest, he missed your flirting and the carefree smile you sported.

He would look away and try to put all his focus back on the team. There was a scrimmage coming up in a couple days that he needed to get the boys all ready for.

Practice was over and you already told Saeko not to pick you up because you'd get groceries then walk home. You changed into one of your new outfits then headed for Sakanoshita Market.