𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

[chapter title: in private]
[word count: 1800]

[chapter title: in private][word count: 1800]

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Ukai slept on his own bed that night for the first time in a couple days. You were right, it was a lot more comfortable than sleeping on the couch but he had enough self discipline to know better than to sleep on the bed with you.

The blinds were still open letting the moonshine leak into his room, but he was too exhausted to get up and close them.

He sighed. His bed smelled like you.

Gently, not overpowering but enough that he noticed and pulled the blanket by his face.

His apartment was quiet without you. His heart didn't beat as fast and his face didn't feel like it was going to melt, so there was a sense of comfort but also boredom. Incurable boredom.

And maybe even.. Loneliness. He hated it. He hated that he felt that way when you weren't around.

He sunk into his pillow cursing his self pity and went to sleep, much to his demise, dreaming of you.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Everyone, gather around. I have great news." Takeda had specifically instructed you to wait outside the gym while the whole team was inside wondering what the hell he was announcing.

"You can come out now." He peeked his head out at you and whispered. You walked out awkwardly with your head tilted downward to gasps and smiles.

"(Y/n) is now rejoining as our assistant coach!"

The team cheered and clapped with Noya, Tanaka and Hinata running up to you for high fives and hugs.

"I'm sorry for any inconveniences I caused you all." You bowed.

"It's not your fault! The vice principal has been on our club's ass FOREVER." Noya said.

"He's right, you just happened to be on the end of that this time." Sugawara agreed with Daichi and Asahi nodding.

"It still pisses me off that you didn't even do anything to deserve that." Kageyama mumbled and Hinata poked fun at him for sticking up for you uncharacteristically. Yamaguchi started asking what happened while Tsukishima stood with everybody else without any emotion on his face.

Yachi was shaking with joy, waiting her turn to give you a hug and Kiyoko smiled at you and the sight of everyone in a good mood.