𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

[chapter title: vending machine thief]
[word count: 1800]

[chapter title: vending machine thief][word count: 1800]

»»————    ♡ ————-««

A warm feeling followed you into the next day, with some kind of happiness in your spirit. Pep in your step, one might say.

Practice as usual, began with the boys stretching, warming up, etc. then they went out for a run despite the grey and windy weather.

While Kiyoko and Yachi checked to see if all the volleyballs were inflated, you fixed the net with Coach Ukai. After fixing the net, he got out the platform and explained to you that he was going to go through receiving drills for the boys to practice.

"D'you know how to spike?" He asked you. You shook your head no.

"You should learn so you can help these boys out when they don't have a partner." He said and you hummed as you hadn't thought of that. In fact, you didn't think you would be doing any hands-on volleyball work as the manager.

"Here. It'll be easy on the platform. I can teach you before they come back." He tapped on the platform.

He instructed you through it, giving you some points as you managed some pretty shakey spikes. Ukai sensed you getting frustrated with yourself.

His thumb lifted up your chin, still smiling he said, "Look up. Your spike will improve when you look up." He left his thumb for a second too long and a pink swept over his cheeks. "Volleyball's a sport where you're always looking up."

You spun the ball between your palms then tried again and felt yourself improve, and the sound of the volleyball hitting the gym floor getting more satisfying.

"It's good that you learn this, it'll help them with receiving. They'll appreciate it for sure." He said and you smiled.

"I'm glad I can help." You paused your spikes to say. "Is there anything else I can learn to do?" You asked.

"Well, Yachi tosses to Kageyama and Hinata sometimes. Maybe she could teach you how. Or-" He stopped himself.

"Or?"

"Or I could. Teach you how to toss a set. Sometime after practice."

"Really? I'd like you to teach me, if that's okay."
"Yeah?"
"Promise you'll do it sometime?"
"Promise." He reached up to give you a pinky promise.

"Alright one more!" He said in his loud coach voice and handed you a ball to spike. You concentrated, took a breath and tossed the ball then hit it harder than you did before.