𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

[chapter title: dog]
[word count: 2200]

[chapter title: dog][word count: 2200]

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"We have a scrimmage today?"

"You didn't know?" Ukai cocked his brow at you.

"No, I literally just got back on the team yesterday." You reminded him.

"Right." He said and handed you a clipboard, "You're on clipboard duty today, that's your only job. Help out the managers if they need an extra hand."

"That's it?"

"What, you want me to give you more work, kid?"

"No, no, this is plenty, Coach!" You said and ran off to meet with Kiyoko and Yachi.

A soft smile danced on his lips. He really did enjoy having you back on the team, especially as his assistant.

"So who are they playing against?" You asked Kiyoko, she adjusted her glasses and looked down at her clipboard.

"Neighborhood Association." She said and you groaned.

"What's wrong?" Yachi asked with wide eyes, "Do you need some water?"

"No, thank you though. It's just that the last time they came, one of the guys on that team was bothering me."

"He didn't hurt you, did he?" Yachi shrieked and you hushed her.

"No, he was just being a pest. Coach told me he'd take care of it though." You added the last part to calm her nerves. You knew Yachi was a bit intimidated by Ukai herself, so to know he was looking out for you made her feel better.

As if on cue, the men pulled up just as impressively as the last time, giving some of the high school boys a bit of a scare in their fully grown size. They made themselves right at home by thanking Takeda for the invite and greeting Ukai. You and the other managers made bets on who would win, but it added up to nothing because you all believed in the high schoolers.

All of the high schoolers moved to one side of the gym and began their warm ups.

"(Y/n)." Ukai called your name, tearing your attention away from the team. He stood by the storage closet and nodded his head telling you to follow him.

"Coming." You replied and jogged to meet him in the supply closet.

"These are for our team and I'll hand these out to the Neighborhood Association." He said, handing you a pile of yellow pinnies. "Being my assistant is pretty easy isn't it? Easy enough for a newbie like you." He taunted and began a playful argument until you both agreed you had been in the closet for a suspiciously long amount of time, not that anyone would truly notice.