Meeting in the Tavern

"But, I'm not Dain!!! I'm- ahh!!"

You shot up from your sleep, breathing heavily and looking around.

Venti looked at your worringly "Are you alright? Did you have a nightmare?" he asked, you sighed "yeah, I'm fine, just had a bad dream" "want to talk about it?" he asked , you didn't answer and just stayed silent. He took this as a sign and didn't ask anymore.

-----------------------------

"How was hanging out with the bard, (Name)?" Paimon asked, the day had passed and you were all in front of Angel's Share.

"It was fine, we hanged out by the big tree and I took a nap while he hummed a lullaby for me" you smiled at the thought of what happened earlier "That sounds nice, all we did today was Paimon eating while I paid" Aether glared at Paimon.

"Well, let's get going shall we?"Venti asked as he motions towards the tavern door.

-----------------------------

"We're back!!!" Venti happily announced "Wat, you're....Aether and (Name)?" "Master Jean? Why are you here?" Paimon asked.

"Well. First of all, I contacted more than one person. Secondly, she came here as "Jean" herself, not as the Acting Grand Master. A Jean you would never see, even as an Honorary Knight" Diluc informed "What a surprise. I heard about the Holy Lyre, but I never suspected it was you" Jean said .

"So, the sound of the Holy Lyre can purify Stormterror and return it to normal.....Is that true?" she asked "That's right! Maitrise is putting themselves on the front line to try and resolve this Stormterror issue. Now that's the hotshot of the Knights of Favonius I'm talking about" Venti answered "Feels like we're breaking the law though..." Paimon pointed out "I understand this kind of absurd explanation is hard to believe. But we can ask the bard to play the song again to try and persuade-" "I believe you" Jean cuts Diluc off "To persuade out stubborn comman- Wait, what?" Diluc was shocked that Jean had agreed.

"I can't think of any reason for Dvalin's betrayal, given it was once one of the Four Winds. However, if it was poisoned in the battle over Mondstadt all those years ago and then corrupted by the Abyss Mage after it woke up, we can't really blame it

But as Acting Grand Master, I obviously cannot make such a statement publicly. Diplomatic pressure from the Fatui makes it hard for us to seek a peaceful resolution to the Stormterror issue. People would think I've lost grip of the gravity of the situation. That's why I can only do this in private" she continued.

"Hmph. That's only one of the reasons I don't like the Knights of Favonius. What surprises me is that you would believe and outlander so easily...." Diluc glances at Jean "My cautions and meticulous superior, even you trust him. Don't you, sir?" Jean teased.

Diluc looks the other way and a slight red tint appears on his face "I already told you not to call me Sir...Never mind. We don't often get to work together after all" "Sir?" you called out "(Name)." he says your name.

Silence.

"Wow! Um.... This is really awkward....." Paimon said quietly "I have a rough idea where the Holy Lyre der Himmel is" Jean said proudly 'Did she just change the subject?...'

"The conflict between Mondstadt and Snezhnaya stems from the conflict between the seven nations and their respective gods. The Cryo God's Fatui seem to be after the Anemo God's power" Jean noted "So are they going to take over the defense of Mondstadt?" Aether asked.

"Agreed. If the Knights of Favonius publibly prevented an attempt on Dvalin's head, then....The only other way to affect the Anemo God's power is to take the Holy Lyre" Jean answered "The number of Fatui that have come to Mondstadt is far from limited, I've already managed to...coerce a few reports out of them" Diluc added.

"Wow, you really must be strong Master Diluc" you said to him, he huffs and looks away from you.

"Diluc has determined that the Holy Lyre is not being held in the Goth Grand Hotel. I imagine they don't want to leave something stolen in a place where it could be so easily found" Jean informed "Paimon gets it. It too much of a scene gets made then it becomes a big diplomatic issue" Paimon said.

"Hmph, such is the diplomacy between the seven nations. So everyone, are we all ready to go?" Diluc asked "Wait, I need to prepare some materials for emergencies first" Aether said "Alright, we'll be going later so be ready" Jean said.

Who do you want to go with?

· Go with Jean

· Go with Diluc

· Go with Venti again

· Get materials with Aether and Paimon