Last Day on Earth (Daryl/Glenn)

In this AU... Daryl and Glenn were together. 

Negan smashed his bat hard into Glenn's skull. Glenn fell to the ground. Daryl screamed and yelled NO over and over again. Tears streamed down his face. Glenn lifted his body off the ground. He was mumbling and gurgling. Daryl couldn't look at him. 

Glenn looked at Daryl. "Daryl... I'll find you", he gurgled.

Daryl looked at him and tears streamed down his face. He quickly looked away. 

Negan laughed and he hit Glenn hard with the bat. Glenn hit the floor and Negan just started smashing Glenn's head hard with his bat... over and over again. Daryl flinched at the sounds and cried harder. He couldn't believe what was happening. 

Daryl woke up in sweat. His body was sticking to the sheets. Tears were dripping down his face. Lately, he has been dreaming about Glenn's death. It's been over 7 1/2 years since Glenn's death and Daryl still had a hard time getting over it. Looking at Negan was hard enough. He hates the man. He wished Negan would just leave Alexandria but he knew that would never happen. He quickly got dressed and fed dog his food. He made himself some eggs and coffee. After he was done, he left the house with dog. 

He saw Negan and he stared at him for a few seconds before looking away. Every Time he saw Negan... Glenn's death would flash through his head.

Daryl planned on making a supply run that day. He decided he would take a car instead of his bike. He opened the car door and let dog  inside. Dog laid down on the passenger side. Daryl smiled at dog and sat down in the driver's seat but as he was about to close the door... Negan stopped him from closing the door.

Daryl glared at Negan. "Let go of the door asshole."

" Can I come with you? I already finished everything I needed to get done for today and have nothing else to do. I can make it worth your while", Negan replied. 

" You ain't fucking coming with me", Daryl sneered. Daryl hated Negan with a passion. 

Negan sighed but he was not going to be defeated. "How about if you let me come... I'll do whatever you say."

"I said no!"Daryl yelled this time. He was not having it.

"Daryl, I'm really good at supply runs. And if you get captured or trapped... you are gonna need someone to help you. So what do you say?"Negan said.

Daryl grunted loudly. "Fine", he huffed. 

Negan smiled a bit and walked around the car to the passenger side.

"Dog sit in the back", Daryl told him as he pointed his finger to the backseat. Dog hopped over to the back seat and laid back down. 

Negan opened the passenger side and got inside. He put his seatbelt on.

Daryl looked at him and decided to tell Negan his rules. "You will listen to every goddamn word I have to say. You hear me. And you will do whatever I say." 

"Loud and clear boss", Negan said looking at him.

Daryl just glared at him and started the engine. And the two men hit the road. 

They drove for a couple of hours and stopped when they spotted an abandoned supermarket.

Daryl handed Negan a long machete. "I'm trusting you with this. So don't fuck this up", he informed.

Negan nodded. "You can trust me Daryl".

"I hope so", Daryl replied back.

Negan took the machete from Daryl. Daryl turned the car off and opened the door for Dog so he could climb out. They walked over to the supermarket. Negan picked up a rock and threw it at the glass door. Daryl opened the door and both men positioned themselves in a fighting position. They were ready to take down all walkers that exited the door. Dozens came walking out. Both men started taking them down one by one. 

Daryl stepped back and fell to the ground. Four walkers started to climb on him. He quickly pulled out his knife and proceeded to kill them. Negan came to his rescue and helped Daryl kill them. Negan helped Daryl grab the walkers off him. Dog also helped with pulling the walkers off Daryl.

Daryl stood up and looked at him. "Thanks", he told him.

Negan nodded. 

They finished off the rest of the walkers. After all that, they entered the supermarket. Daryl and Negan each grabbed a cart. And they both started grabbing food and other supplies they needed. 

They filled up several carts. They headed back to the car and Daryl opened the trunk. They packed everything in the trunk and once the trunk was full Daryl closed it. They put the remaining supplies in the backseat with dog. Daryl and Negan climbed back into the car and closed the doors. 

Before Daryl could start the engine,  Negan stopped him and said", I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry for what I did to Glenn and for everything else I caused. I know you'll never forgive me but I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry."

"I'll never forget what you did to Glenn. I don't know if I'll ever forgive you but thank you for saving me back there. I can see that you are trying to change".

"I'm trying my best to change. I don't like the guy I used to be. If I could go back and change everything... I would".

Daryl gave him a nod. " I know. Come on let's get home".

Daryl started the engine and drove back home.