The Joke and Riddle (Rick/Negan)

Third point of view

It was the time of the month when Rick and Negan would go out on a supply run and look for food, weapons, anything they would need or use. Their car ran out of gas, so they grabbed their backpacks and hit the road. They have been walking on foot for about 2 hours and haven't found much. They decided they would find a place to camp out at for the night and get an early head start in the morning and look some more before heading back home. They didn't want to come back to Alexandria empty-handed. They were on a mission.

" Hey, Rick Knock knock?", Negan said.

Rick playfully hit him in the arm and said" Fine, who's there?"

"Mustache".

"Mustache who?"

" I mustache you a question, but I'll shave it for later", Negan answered laughing.

Rick looked at his boyfriend and bursted into laughter.

" Your an idiot", he said.

" I know, but you still love me", Negan grinned.

" I do very much", Rick answered back grinning. " Come on the house I told you about is this way".

" In the woods?", Negan asked.

" Yes".

They walked into the woods and started walking toward the house.

" Rick it's your turn".

" Huh? My turn for what exactly?", He asked confused.

" You know, to tell a Joke", Negan replied.

" Ugh. My jokes suck".

" Rick who cares. Now come on and tell me a joke".

" Hmm, alright fine, but let me think ".

Two minutes later.

" Rick hurry up. It doesn't take this long to tell a joke".

"Shhhhh shush. It does. Alright, I got one. You ready?"

" Yes, I been ready for the past five minutes".

" Wait it's been that long?", Rick asked

" Yes and I'm tired of waiting".

Rick grinned at Negan and said" Give me food, and I will live. Give me water and I will die. What am I? Good luck solving that riddle."

" Rick I said a joke, not a riddle".

" Does that mean you're too much of a baby to solve it", Rick smirked.

" You know what Rick? Fuck you and I will solve it. Just watch. Alright, what's  the riddle again?"

" You forgot it that fast?"

" Yes, now what is it".

" Alright, I'm only going to say it once more so listen closely. Give me food, and I will live. Give me water, and I will die. What am I?"

" Fuck, give me a second to think".

Rick couldn't help but laugh at a thinking Negan. Negan couldn't figure out the riddle and Rick refused to tell him the answer.

" Rick I give up, tell me the answer".

" No can do".

" Ugh, Rick. Just tell me! I'm getting so annoyed with you", Negan said in an irritated tone.

Rick just kept on laughing at Negan's misery.

" Alright fine, you really wanna know?", Rick asked.

" Yes! Now tell me".

" Alright, but what's the magic word?"

" Rick stop! Just tell me already before I go insane".

Rick grinned and said" Fire".

"What?"

"I said its fire. you pour water on a fire and it burns out".

" Rick I'm not an idiot".

Rick smirked and said, " Yes you are, but you're my idiot". Rick stopped walking and planted a kiss on Negan's forehead. " Love you".

" Love you too. Now how much further is this place?", Negan asked.

" It's actually right over there".

Negan looked in the direction Rick was pointing at and smiled. " I'm so glad it's close because I'm getting tired of walking."

" Same", Rick replied.

The two walked toward the house. Rick and Negan pulled out their knives.  And Rick opened the door slowly to be careful. They walked inside. Negan banged on the walls and an old fat man that was a walker appeared around the corner.  Negan charged at the walker and stabbed the walker in the head with his knife, killing it instantly. They killed a few more walkers after that. They dumped the bodies outside and locked all the doors in the house so no intruders came in. 

That night they went to sleep. Rick laid his head against Negan's chest. The next morning they started their journey again. They held hands as they walked down the long deserted road swinging their arms back and forth.