Broken Promise Part 1 (Matt/Frank)

Matt hated when Frank killed people. Earlier that day Frank killed another criminal and Matt found out and went straight over to his apartment. Matt banged loudly on his door. Frank opened the door.

" Matt? You okay?", Frank asked.

" I heard what you did. You killed another person".

" I.. uh. Look Matt--", Frank never got to finish saying what he was going to say because just then Matt interrupted him.

" Frank! Killing people! It's just wrong!", Matt angrily yelled.

" Criminals are people that should be put down. Those kinds of people ruin our city, don't you get that Matt?!", Frank yelled back glaring at Matt.

"You're taking their lives away! They don't deserve to die! And you come and take their lives away forever. You can't do that Frank! Everyone deserves are a second chance! Even you", Matt told him. He was so fed up with Frank.

" God damn it! Matt."

" Frank. I can't do this anymore. If you're going to keep murdering people. I... I can't be with you anymore. I can't be with someone who's going to kill people who don't deserve to die", Matt informed. Matt couldn't even look at Frank anymore and he looked down and stared at the floor. Matt believed everyone deserves a second chance even criminals.

Frank sighed and pushed his hair back. " Alright, I'll stop killing....for you".

Matt was surprised. He actually thought for a second their relationship was going to end there. He looked back up and said," Do you promise?". He had to make sure he was telling the truth.

Frank looked at Matt and nodded.

" Say yes", Matt said sternly.

" Yes," Frank answered.

" Good. I'm going home now", Matt told him.

Frank nodded and said," Alright see you to tomorrow".

Matt nodded and left his apartment.

A week later

" Frank you can't just go around killing people! It's wrong! How many times do I have to tell you!", Matt yelled at the top of his lungs.

" Matt! You don't get it! This man he attacked a girl in a store and held her at gunpoint until the cashier gave him all the money he had. So I killed him and saved their lives", Frank told him hoping he would understand and let it go.

" So what You could have just hit him and let the police take care of him. You didn't have to kill him! Goddamn you Frank!", Matt yelled.

"Matt--"

" Frank just shut the fuck up!".

" Matt?"

" Don't fucking follow me", Matt angrily said.

Matt couldn't even look at him. He quickly exited Frank's apartment. Matt was full of rage.

When he got home he packed up some of his clothing in his duffel bag. he grabbed his phone, cane and left his apartment.

He called a taxi. He had to get away. He didn't want to see Frank. And he knew Frank would just come to his house and check up on him and he didn't want that. He was so pissed off at him.

Shortly afterward the taxi came and he climbed in. He told the taxi driver where he wanted to go and with that, the taxi driver drove on.

He was going to stay at one of his friend's house. He thought of staying at Froggy or Karen's place but Frank knew where they lived.

He decided on going to Claire's apartment. She lived in New Jersey. They were still good friends. Matt often called her when he needed someone to talk to. And he knew she wouldn't mind if he dropped by.