-7- 'i love you'

The next morning Tyler awoke to his alarm clock going off, which was funny, he didn't even remember plugging the stupid device back in.

He pushes himself into a sitting position which causes his head to scream in protest from the whack he had received from the previous night when his lovely boyfriend decided to visit him.

Speaking of Chris, Tyler remembered his threat and pushed himself to get out of bed. He doesn't bother to change into new pants due to his bottom still feeling so sore and abused.

Instead he changes his shirt, he pulls on a baggy white long sleeved shirt and a baggy black hoodie.

He shuffles over to the bathroom before attempting to fix up his hair to look presentable and also apply makeup to the semi old bruises around his neck.

Halfway through his eyes well up with tears and he stares at himself in the mirror, his hands shaking heavily as his breathing picks up.

Could he even make himself go to school today? Would he make it through the day of continuous moving and sitting? But then it clicked in his head, he didn't have a choice.

Chris already threatened him the night prior that he had to go to school or there would be a price to pay. Chris didn't want it to be suspicious that after the little scene the brunette had caused that he had not attended school for a few days.

Then rumors of abuse would indeed go around, or maybe people would think Chris killed the poor boy which in a way Tyler almost wished Chris had done instead of violating him so badly.

A car honks outside and Tyler groans softly as he blends the rest of the concealer out and heads out of his bathroom, the lights getting shut off behind him. He heads downstairs with his bookbag thrown over his shoulder as he walks down.

He grabs an orange from the edge of the counter where his mother kept a bowl of fruit before he heads out of the house, closing and locking the door behind him. When he looks forward he almost starts crying at the sight of Chris leaning against his hood, waiting on Tyler to come out.

In the distance he could see Josh's car stalling against the sidewalk. Josh's eyes were on him, almost like he was begging the poor boy to get in his car instead of Chris's but Tyler knew that it wouldn't help his situation if he got in the car with Josh, instead Chris might hurt his best friend and Tyler wouldn't have that happen.

Tyler would let Chris kill him before he ever laid a hand on Joshua.

Tyler slowly walks over to Chris's car where his boyfriend gives him a gentle kiss on the cheek before walking over to let the boy in on the passenger side which was new.

Tyler furrows his eyebrows and slides into the leather seat of Chris's mustang.

Chris walks over to his own side before sliding in and pulling out of Tyler's driveway and heading towards the school.

"Hey Ty?" Chris says this softly to the boy and Tyler looks over at him with cautious eyes.

"Yes?" Tyler says this softly and his hands begin to mess with the ends of his hoodie as he looks his boyfriend over.

"We are going on a double date tonight with Jeremy and his girlfriend Alice, alright? Im going to drop you off at home after school and I need you ready by seven. Is that alright?" Chris asks this and his eyes flicker over to Tyler's and the smaller boy holds his breath.

A date?

They were going to go on a date?

They hadn't been on one for months, ever since Chris got really toxic.

"Of course. I'll be ready." Tyler gives him a genuine smile that Chris seems to return and the older boy reaches over and places his hand on Tyler's lower thigh before giving it a gentle squeeze.

"I'm sorry for how I have acted these last few months, I've just been so stressed out and it's been tricky. I acted way out of line the other night. Will you ever forgive me for my behavior?" Chris says this as he pulls into the schools parking lot.

Tyler's breathing stops for a moment once again from surprise. He was apologizing? To him?

Maybe he was changing, maybe he would go back to how he was when they first started dating.

Back to when he would give him flowers and a kiss on the cheek every morning when they got to school and in the afternoons when he would drop him off he'd press a kiss upon Tyler's forehead.

"Of course Chris. I would always forgive you. I love you." Tyler says this happily and he smiles as they pull into their assigned parking space in the school parking lot.

"I love you too, baby." Chris says this softly before leaning over and placing a gentle kiss on Tyler's lips.