-14- war

When they got back to the house Tyler didn't speak a single word to Josh. He went straight up and locked the door to his bedroom.

That was eight hours ago, and since he went behind that wooden door Josh has heard so much.

There was screaming. Cussing. Items being thrown.

And so much crying.

It pained Joshua to hear just how broken his best friend was and there was nothing he could do about it.

He thought he was doing what was best for him. Speaking to the cops was the best thing, Chris could go away to jail, he won't be able to hurt Tyler.

And when he gets out? Well, they'll just get a restraining order on the guy.

He was never going to lay a finger on the small brunette ever again. Josh was going to make sure of that.

But in Tyler's eyes everything was over. He could basically hear Chris's words in the back of his head.

You're fucking dead Tyler. When I see you again I'm going to fucking kill you. How the fuck could you do this to me?! I loved you, and you turn me into the cops. You're fucking pathetic.

Tyler grips the sides of his head as he hears his boyfriends disembodied angry voice screaming at him.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" Tyler screams the last part and tears come fast and in thick streams down his face. His voice was practically gone, it was hoarse and it hurt to speak now.

He was so scared. What was happening to him? Was he going crazy?

"Tyler?!" Josh's voice was behind his bedroom door, he sounded so worried.

"Tyler.. open the door, please? I'm sorry for making you go there today.. I promise you don't have to go back again.." Now he sounded defeated. His voice was sad.

Tyler struggles to get out of his bed, his body was aching, everything hurt. He felt as if he was taken apart, limb by limb and then reassembled but something was missing.

He unlocks the door before slowly going back to his bed, to sit back in the same place he had been sitting for the last eight hours.

The worst pain was in his chest, it wasn't because of his broken ribs, it was because he was going through something horrible. His mind was trying to come to terms with the fact that his boyfriend was a monster but his heart still loved and longed for Chris.

It was now a constant war. A war between loving and hating his abuser. A war between wanting to be safe or putting himself back into harms way just to get the same rush he felt each time that Chris said he was sorry, to feel the same false hope that he had every time Chris promised to change,

Josh entered the room and looks around, his eyebrows stitched together in worry. Tyler, even in his battered condition, had thrown everything off of his bedside table, including his medication, he had knocked photos off of the wall, his bed was trashed and he was just sitting in the middle of the chaos.

His knees were pulled up to his chest. His face was stained from tears.

"Hey.." Josh says this quietly and he moves to sit on the edge of the boys bed, his hand moves to rest on top one of Tyler's.

"Everything's going to be okay," josh says this softly and Tyler shakes his head but he still doesn't speak to him. Instead he just moves to lay down and he closes his eyes as he lays there, hoping to fall asleep. He hoped forever but he knew in the back of his head he would wake up again.

Josh sighs softly as he looks at Tyler, he looked so broken and he didn't blame him. He didn't know how much his friend had to go through. He didn't know the extent of what Chris did to Tyler and he was sure the brunette wouldn't want to live through it again just to tell Josh, nor would the older male make him.

"Hey Ty, what's your favorite color at the moment?" Him asking this catches the younger boy off guard and a small laugh slips from his mouth which sounded like music to Josh's ears. At least he wasn't mad now.

"Mm pink." When he says this Josh smiles to himself.

"Put your shoes on Ty," he says this as he decides on what to do with that information.

"Why?" Tyler's eyebrows knit together in confusion as he turns to look at his friend.

"We're going to dye my hair," Josh gives him a goofy smile.

And Tyler couldn't help but smile.